What ever happened to Hell Revealed 2?

They are just as good as the originals :)
n00body
noob

What ever happened to Hell Revealed 2?

Post by n00body »

I remember looking around for this on the net awhile back and couldn't find it. The site at doomworld.com for HR2 is also down....is it out and I just haven't found it, or is it cancelled or just still being worked on?
Opulent
player

Re: What ever happened to Hell Revealed 2?

Post by Opulent »

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/hr2b.htmht ... ndex.shtml

Jonas Feragen / Mike Watson / Yashar Garibzadeh / Michael Reid are the 4 designers.... or were. Cyb is steadily making levels now and is in full form as a DW admin. Gemini is only sometimes active, but was around not too long ago.  Prower has disappeared... I think real life intervened.  
that leaves Chrozoron -- He _is_ around, but not very active.  I think he doesn't have the will to do it. (it is a big commitment, y'know)
There has been a recent interest in the wad, and some outstanding demos from some of the games best players... if that doesn't get their attention, or renew their interest, nothing will.
We should be thankful for what we have, I think.   I can keep speculating if you like.;)
AltimaMantoid
player

This reminds me...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I wonder if the guys making Hell Revealed 2 would take a map as a donation? *evil grin*
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

Fear not, all! There has been a recent resurgence in activity. Well, actually, I noticed the demos coming in for the old version and was inspired.;D

22(I think) levels are 100%, with the rest just needing to be cleaned up(again, I think). I'm still waiting for updates from Chroz, Sam and Zokum since the only person posting to the beta site was me.::) So, I'm not entirely sure of the amount of work left to be done. This project has been in the works for over three years so I'm really looking forward to getting it released.

About the only definite pieces of info I have now are these...

* (Bad news alert!) Demo compatibility with old versions: zero:'(
* All levels are stable; no more crashes on MAP32
* Many level additions to compliment DM play(like anyone here cares ;))
* Skill levels balanced on all settings(again, who here will care?)
* An entirely new MAP11

As far as needing additional levels, I don't think there's any more room, but after I get the updates I'll know for sure...
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

Christmas comes early this year. :D
I love you Andy! :-*  (but I'm NOT looking for any mistletoe, so don't get your hopes up ;D)
AltimaMantoid
player

O.O

Post by AltimaMantoid »

YAY!!! O.O Good news at last!!!!!!

Vile won't be happy about h232 though ^^'

I never was a big fan of map 11 either...I kinda thought it...well....to be honest, sucked (no offense to the author)

As long as you guys leave map 8 alone, I'll be happy :) I love that map...hopefully you guys fixed the ammo balance up a bit too
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

Bah, I'd be happy to redo that map once we get around to making a demopack for that megawad.  At least there would be a run that didn't desych randomly. :)

Anyway, this is great news.  I'm looking forward to the release.
The_Fish
noob

Post by The_Fish »

Andy, you failed to provide us a link to this "hr2 betasite"  :P
Zokum :-)
from hell

Post by Zokum :-) »

I'm working on two maps atm. Map29 and one unplaced so far. They're both big maps. 29 has all the layout done, what is remaining is error fixing, aligning and more ammo/monsters.

As for the other map, it's looking good as well. About 60% of the layout is done, and coop testing has been done. In case anyone is wondering, this is stuff done in Dec 2002.
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

Glad to hear I'm not the only one still working on the project.:)

What was wrong with the ammo balance on MAP08? Oh, and if anyone else has any suggestions/observations don't hesitate to post them...
Last edited by Andy_Olivera on 15.12.2002 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
AltimaMantoid
player

Ammo balance

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Well, there were just a tad too few rockets in map 8. But otherwise the ammo-balance for it was fine.

The maps I was referring to were maps 7 and 31. Not enough ammo for them. I noticed that map 7 (as of the beta) you had to rely on the Cyberdemon a LOT to be able to complete the map (which no one has yet to do).

Map31, you also have to rely on the Cyberdemon. There's just not enough ammo without a lot of infighting, which doesn't really happen much on this map.

Those are just things that I noticed, hope that they help ^_^
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

MAP07

I may add a few boxes of shells toward the beginning(to finish off the Arachnotrons and Cyberdemon), but the rest looks okay to me. Tips: that hoarde of Imps can be punched, as can the Hell Knights(lure them outside one or two at a time). The Cacodemons/Revenants that teleport in will do a bangup job of killing each other. Run back and forth in front of the window; it'll take a minute or two, but you should end up with only a couple left.

MAP31

Where do you run out of ammo on this one? Between the starting area and the lift there's more than enough to make it to the bottom(punch some of the Demons/Imps at the beginning if you think it'll help). After the lift, when you go for the Soulsphere, let the monsters kill each other. The Cyberdemon will teleport in and quickly get killed by the Hell Knights and Barons, then you can finish off the rest. Save the Invulnerability Sphere for the four Cyberdemons. You should be able to get two at least(two BFG shots each) before it wears off.

Has anybody tried this, or am I just too much of an ammo hoarder?;D
AltimaMantoid
player

Hmm...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Well, with map 31 I would run low on ammo around the part where the 4 Cybers are in the corners of the room elevated...and I run out at the last pack of Revenants EVERY TIME...

Still, a great map to play....right now I'm having to play all of this on God-mode, because I'm not skilled enough yet actually.

Also, those opening Arch-Viles in map 15....um....how the fuck do you hide from them?? ;)
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

As to that final pack of Revenants, don't forget about the extra ammo that's by the secret exit.

On MAP15, well, my only suggestion is to save the BFG for later and head straight for the RL. I'm not really sure, though. I only play these in God mode, too...;D
AltimaMantoid
player

Err...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Err... riiiiiiiiiiiight.......

God-mode eh? ;)

Map 8 could use a bit more health too by the way :) In my max for it, I leave the map with 4% left and I still had the two Masterminds to kill >.< But it's by far one of my favorites