CNDoom and Windows XP

Competition Doom aka. CNDOOM, a COMPET-N reboot, v2 or whatever you want to call it.
ImpMan11203
noob

CNDoom and Windows XP

Post by ImpMan11203 »

Hi everyone! I'm having a little bit trouble with competition doom. The resolution is not fitting correctly to my resolution. My resolution is 1440 X 900. It doesn't seem to fit into my screen properly, looks more like 1024 X 768 just stretched out to fill my screen. Any suggestions? Do I need to upgrade my system?

And also, the competition doing launcher is very, very slow when I launch it (but not when I launch the command line CNDoom). Any help is appreciated, thanks.
fx
nightmare

Re: CNDoom and Windows XP

Post by fx »

Unfortunately, there is no solution for display resolution, you should use 640x480 for instance and disable stretching on your monitor if possible. Issues like this will be fixed in new cndoom (waiting for chocolate 3.x release).

I tried launcher on 98se, xp, 7, 8.1 and 10 and it worked OK, is launcher slow or Competition Doom? Please clarify.
ImpMan11203
noob

Post by ImpMan11203 »

Sorry, shoulda explained more, it's the actual gameplay of CNDoom ONLY when used with the launcher. At first it looks fine, then you shoot something, the sound and the graphics become unplayable choppy. Also the sound is either very slow or very fast. It's no big deal though, I can just use the command-line version. But it would be nice to know why its doing that.

Also, it does that on Windows Vista (same computer though)

Thanks!
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, I never tested Vista that's for sure. You can try to use compatibility mode on cndoom.exe and set it to Windows 7.