Pwads.

Competition Doom aka. CNDOOM, a COMPET-N reboot, v2 or whatever you want to call it.
Springy
noob

Pwads.

Post by Springy »

This is more of a question than anything else, will the Compet N Pwads be used for Competition Doom at some point? I also wanted to ask if there was any particular reason as to why they can't be used for Competition Doom at this moment of time, sorry if this came across as rude but I was quite curious about this.

Cheers.
Archy
beliver

Re: Pwads.

Post by Archy »

The more wads to compete on, the lower the quality of the submissions. Few wads causes tight competition, as one can't just go search for a relatively obscure map in a C-N pwad and beat that old crappy record that's been standing since 1998.
Springy
noob

Post by Springy »

I see, makes sense in a way. Anyway, I haven't forgotten about this speed run database I will try and contribute at some point seeing as this really does need some players.

Cheers.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

As Archy already stated there are too many COMPET-N record that are easy to beat but nobody plays them at all, there is little or no interest, and adding PWADS to Competition would require more work for me. I'm not saying I'm not willing to add PWADS, just that I won't because of few demos and then we'll have empty databases. Who's stopping you to record Doom/Doom2/PL/TNT records now? Any record will be accepted. Tables are empty, so anyone is welcome. There are no too many pro players and milliseconds counts so give it a try.
As I've stated I'm interested in adding one special Competition PWAD, but as you can see I'm a bit off Doom lately, working on some real life issues atm.
Springy
noob

Post by Springy »

True and yes the tables are empty but there's no point submitting anything that doesn't beat a Compet N record. It's all well and dandy accepting records but any records? Just seems a little pointless to me. I might give this data base a miss and just learn how to use DOSbox because -fast demos aren't accepted yet.

Cheers.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Heh, sry, but no, fast and other cats will be ignored. Coop will be considered if I ever fix the multiplayer code :)
Springy
noob

Post by Springy »

Heh, sry, but no, fast and other cats will be ignored.
Hence why I said this:
I might give this data base a miss and just learn how to use DOSbox because -fast demos aren't accepted yet.
I wasn't sure if co-op was accepted though so thanks for clearing that up.