Port for playing and recording

Configuration, files, setup.
abysmal
noob

Port for playing and recording

Post by abysmal »

I have tried to play demos under alot of ports and all are out of sync or crash.
Doom95 works somewhat. It will play demos, but alot of them will look good for awhile but then go out of sync. Sometimes it syncs out after 30 seconds or 10 minutes, seems completely random. And always in same places in same demos.

I use Windows 2000 and have tried command prompt with DOS doom2. But the init_refresh daemon(i think), when loading it shows a string of dots. But the dots stop and it will do nothing. I cant even play DOS/ vanilla doom because this always happens.

I looked up all the console commands and parameters and none do anything.
If there is a way I could use ZDL with Chocolate for recording and playing demos I would be happy.
Grazza
noob

Re: Port for playing and recording

Post by Grazza »

Please read this post I made in the Doomworld forums. This should help clear up the problem, but feel free to ask again.
abysmal
noob

Re: Port for playing and recording

Post by abysmal »

Hey that worked. I tried a bunch of times with those same parameters but nothing happened. But after reinstalling prboom it works now. Prboom used freeze on me before and now even glboom works smooth, even on map30. Most other ports freeze on map30 for me.

EDIT>> Actually demos were still out of sync. So I used the Iwadverifier and it turns out I was using an invalid Iwad, by the error message. I had an extra Doom2.wad laying around, so I replaced it. Works fine now.  

ANOTHER EDIT>> Hmmm my Doom2 CD has an invalid Iwad on it. Cd name says its 17. All the 1.9 patched Iwads are good.
Last edited by abysmal on 16.05.2006 05:37, edited 1 time in total.