-Mouse Problem-

Configuration, files, setup.
ZlaYn
noob

-Mouse Problem-

Post by ZlaYn »

When iam playing the original DooM game, my mouse doesn't work, but my mouse work fine in Doomports like Skulltag, PrBoom, ZDoom etc.
Also when iam editting my sensitivity, configuration or set Mouse Support ON/OFF - that doesnt work.

???
Absolutly NOTHING work with the mouse, no shoot, no turn   or strafe. Only in Doomports.

What is the problem?

Sorry for the bad english, i sucks at it  :-((((

ZlaYn
Speed and Maxkill freak! :)
Grazza
noob

Re: -Mouse Problem-

Post by Grazza »

It sounds like you are using Doom95.exe in Windows 2000 or XP. As far as I know there is no way around this at present - mouse support for Doom95 is broken in these operating systems.

You can try using the original DOS exes: doom.exe for Ultimate Doom or doom2.exe for Doom2. These have their own issues with Windows XP (you may need to turn off sound effects to get acceptable performance, or you can try VDMS or DOSBox, though neither works too well for me), but the mouse does at least work.
OP
from hell

Post by OP »

I have successfully copied my doom95 folder (from win98se) to a windowsXP system and the doom95 mouse worked.  Probably depends upon the mouse driver.
There is also Myk's mouse.vxd fix, however I seem to recall he said something about virtual device drivers don't load on NT systems or something.
besides the ease of doom95 networking, there isn't an advantage to running it over a good source port...
ZlaYn
noob

---

Post by ZlaYn »

I will try re install my DoomCE, and do something for fixing the problem.
ZlaYn
noob

--

Post by ZlaYn »

In Doom Shareware (included Setup.exe) my mouse worked, cause i choose the controller setting as "Keyboard + Mouse" and now, i will try reinstall my DooM and work for it.
Aqfaq
from hell

Post by Aqfaq »

Ummm...
Is there a way to disable mouse walking? I want to use mouse for turning only, but can't find a way to do that with the original exe.
Grazza
noob

Post by Grazza »

You need novert.

I gave an explanation of how to use it in a Windows environment here.