fdoom.exe

Configuration, files, setup.
Oyvind
noob

fdoom.exe

Post by Oyvind »

I recently bought the Collector's Edition Doom, so that I could get Final Doom. However, the only exe that comes with this is doom95.exe. With this, I get no mouse support, no music, and no demo support. I've been playing it with doom2.exe, but I guess I would need fdoom.exe to send in demos.

So, since I've heard that the source code for the executables have been released, which I guess means that they would be considered freeware(?), I'm wondering if anyone could provide a link, or send it to me by e-mail? (of course, I'm not asking for the .wads, since they came with the Doom CE pack)
Opulent_
from hell

Re: fdoom.exe

Post by Opulent_ »

The Compet-N allows fdoom.exe(doom2.exe) finaldoom demos and doom2.exe (doom2 -file plutonia.wad) demos synonomously.
However, I'd be happy to send you the exe anyway... no harm in that.
(You should have it so you can watch all the FD demos.)
Oyvind
noob

Post by Oyvind »

Ok, I got it now. Thank you, Opulent!

(Seems this program is called doom2.exe too, don't know where I came up with "fdoom"
Waldon
noob

Post by Waldon »

(Seems this program is called doom2.exe too, don't know where I came up with "fdoom"  ::))
I renamed Final Doom's doom2.exe to fdoom.exe exactly to avoid confusion, it cannot do anything bad.
DashEvil
noob

Post by DashEvil »

Why is it that every one of Waldon's posts is fucked up SOMEHOW!!
DashEvil
noob

Post by DashEvil »

To Waldon:

haha, you IP was logged! HEHE, Now what are you gonna do? They gonna catch you for sure for raping my chickens!
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

I prefer to keep doom and final doom in seperate directories.
Tomas (Guest)
from hell

Post by Tomas (Guest) »

Hello everybody!
I'm from the Slovak republic and i discovered this site only a few months ago. Until then i thought i was a pretty good Doom player but i was wrong. So now it's practice, practice, practice because i would like to send some demos but the records are so hard to beat.

For now i have two questions:
1. I have the same problem that Oyvind had with Final Doom  so I'm asking if someone could send the Final Doom's Doom2.exe to me. It would really make me happy.
E-mail:tomas160@post.sk

2.In some demos the ending times in the .txt file are in milliseconds like 5.97 (lv01-005.lmp). How can that be done?
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

I got ya.
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

There's a .exe called timer.exe, written by AdamH, which will report millisecond times. Sometimes it desyncs, though. You can get millisecond times manually by using a utility called lmpc. This will write a version of the LMP as a text file, with the action from each moment in the recording as a line of the file, and by looking at what's on the line, you can tell the exact exit time. It's a bit hard to explain the procedure, though :)
--
adamw
Op
from hell

Post by Op »

I emailed him some info.  hope it was useful.
Tomas (Guest)
from hell

Post by Tomas (Guest) »

Thanks for the info. :)
Andrew
from hell

Post by Andrew »

Hello everyone!

I came across this page while searching on Google. I had the downloaded (legitimately paid for, I might add!) version of Final Doom but unfortunately a virus corrupted all the exe files. The wad *seems* ok, can't say for sure. I just love this game. I don't know if anyone will read this post (I'm replying to a message written more than a few years ago) but if you do and have FInal Doom with you, can you *please* send me the executables in the package (main game exe, Setup.exe etc.) as well as, if it's not too much trouble, a CRC/MD5/??? checksum list for all the files?

Thanks a lot in advance!

P.S. Don't know if anyone noticed this, but after running id's patch to upgrade Doom2 to v1.9, the main game exe got updated but Setup.exe still says v1.7! Is this ok or does someone have a Doom2 DOS Setup.exe v1.9?
vincedsds
from hell

Post by vincedsds »

you can find doom.exe and doom2.exe here :

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/e2m5/#01
myk
noob

Post by myk »

you can find doom.exe and doom2.exe here :

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/e2m5/#01
I replaced them with instructions of how to make them. Also Doom/2 v1.9 use Setup v1.7 (the setup program is a separate application and has its own version number.)