COMPET-N news
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Eight demos from last COMPET-N update, but rather interesting ones, so let's go over them, PWAD demos are also from now part of news, wheeee:

Ultimate Doom
JC wanted to answer me, so he improved his old Nightmare E2M6 run for three seconds to n2m6-026.zip, really impressive run in such a short time!

Tamas Flamich did nice UV speed Episode 4 run in ep4-0419.zip seven seconds faster Drew 'stx-Vile' DeVore, not sure if that run was done in 2011/03 since .lmp date says so, better ever then never.

Doom 2
Seems like JC relly liked COMPET-N revival so he also improved pacifist MAP07 done by xepop for one second and made pa07-011.zip

Meanwhile I was trying DOSBox and finally decided that I really need Doom dedicated PC, so I made respawn MAP06, beating Henning for only one second in re06-226.zip. Well, maybe Henning wants to get back his precious 0.5 points? I'd really love to see that happening! :)

TNT
j4rio once again showed his Tyson skills on MAP08 so he improved Xit's record for only 10 minutes and 22 seconds in et081424.zip. Nice!

Plutonia
Revved nailed whole Episode 2 in UV Max for 1:11:03 in 7103pl21.zip

Memento Mori 2
vdgg improved old Eugen's UV speedrun for 18 seconds in m222-536.zip . We all want more of these! Eugene? vddg also attached .lmp for his second strategy in that map.

Requiem
vdgg decided to fill the gap because of invalid Max record by Jonas Feragen (16:24) on MAP27 so he did rq271520.zip.

That would be all for this update, looking forward for more records/demos since there are plenty of gaps to fill up. Download complete update here.

Also of today with help of vdgg, Kimo, Archy, Ryback, and others I forgot to mention, COMPET-N database is completed in the means of IWAD/PWAD records. I suppose there are some bugs left but they will be ironed out in next few weeks so fear not!

Database says we have 9000+ of records, this might not be absolutely correct but it still gives us nice info.
Xit is the absolute winner in table/record-filling, grats on the first place anyway, wonder will anyone take him down :)
Only place where Jim 'Xit Vono' Leonard didn't prevail is Doom, Doom 2, Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed, Memento Mori 2 and Classic Episode.

If you didn't know database now offers many combinations (and more to come). You can click on WAD + category, then on MAP to see all map records, then change category or WAD.
Also you can click on players to see their info and records per WAD/category. Highscores are available per WAD and IWAD/PWAD combined. Yes, you can even sort results by map, player, country, date, time and points. Try it out and report any bugs (I'm aware that going from Doom 2 to Doom 1 and vice versa will result in nothing).

You can download complete COMPET-N database here (143MB). There were many things moved here and there to get things right so be careful if you already have some kind of archive on your local drive.

I'd like to ask all players to fill up their profiles and send them to me (profile@doom.com.hr) for COMPET-N players page.

ps. Regarding Competition Doom (cndoom), we are working on it and hope it will be ready soon, even fraggle worked on demo verification lately so we hope we could merge his work into cndoom and release it all together.

That would be all for now!
Jartapran
noob

Re: 9K

Post by Jartapran »

Thanks for sharing the news. It seems the records for MAP06 and MAP07 are not present in the relevant folders which prevents the links from working. Could you fix the issue so that I can update the information to the Doom Wiki? :)
Jartapran, a humble contributor from The Doom Wiki
fx
nightmare

Re: 9K

Post by fx »

Oh snap! :facepalm:
fixed, sorry!