Final Doom2.exe

Configuration, files, setup.
Viper-X
from hell

Final Doom2.exe

Post by Viper-X »

Hello :)

I'm a regular C-N visitor, even if you don't know me. I have been following the updates here for a while, and have watched more demos than I can remember. To me, Doom still is the best FPS. :) I really haven't bothered trying to make any demos myself for C-N though, because I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have any chance at all against all the great players you can find here. But, I have learned a lot from watching these demos, and I hope one day I can become as good. :)

Anyways, to my question. I was wondering if someone could send me the doom2.exe that comes with Final Doom. I have got Ultimate Doom, Doom 2 and Doom CE myself, but none of those contain that file, as I'm sure you know. It's impossible to find the original Final Doom in stores these days here in Finland. If this is considered a 'illegal' question around here, I'm very sorry for taking it here, and you can all ignore this thread. But, I'd really like to be able to watch all the demos that go out of sync when played with the doom2.exe that comes with Doom 2.

So, if anyone knows where I can get this file, or want to send it to me (thasquish@hotmail.com), please let me know. :) But, as I said, if this isn't considered right, please ignore me.

Thanks! :)

Viper-X
Opulent
player

Re: Final Doom2.exe

Post by Opulent »

some options:
Use PrBoom2.2.x to watch those demos.  sure to work.
or even Doom95 or any other port that allows regular game demos.
if none of those options are any good for you, I can send the exe.
Viper-X
from hell

Post by Viper-X »

I have got both Doom95 and PrBoom 2.2.something, but even with those, certain demos seem to desynch in exactly the same places as they do when watching them with the wrong doom2.exe. :(

So, it would be very much appreciated if you could send me that file. :D
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

if
prboom -iwad plutonia.wad/tnt.wad -playdemo foo
desyncs, then try
prboom -iwad doom2.wad -file plutonia.wad/tnt.wad -playdemo foo
or the other way around.
One of the above should (nearly) always work.
myk
noob

Post by myk »

Anyway, the 3 EXEs are available here:

http://www.doom2.net/~mykdoom/command.htm#01