disabling mouse movement

Configuration, files, setup.
xit-vono
player

disabling mouse movement

Post by xit-vono »

I hear it's possible to disable moving forwards and backwards using the mouse.  How is this done?
admin
nightmare

Re: disabling mouse movement

Post by admin »

That's how.
magikal
noob

Post by magikal »

That's f'in great! ;D
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

hi,

is there a tool for windows that allows to change the vertical sens. of the mouse ?
i mean reduce it, not completely remove it (like novert).
I used to do that under DOS, but under windows ?

thanks
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

depends on your mouse probably.
if you have windows, the mouse device tab in the Control panel, or the setup programs for your mouse software might have a good effect for this. (but since many FPS games have vert. mouse speed settings, I fear that it might only be software controlled, not env controlled.)
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

If you have cpanel.exe, it does exactly what you want, and can be used in a Windows DOS box.
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

no, i don't have cpanel.exe... :'(
Jonathan
noob

Post by Jonathan »

I suggest visiting http://www.planetquake.com/mouse/serdoom.html.  They have a few useful utils linked.  I use the MouSpeed program they link to, it allows you to alter the vertical and horizontal sensitivity and the accelleration of the mouse.  It seems to work fine in a windows dos box, as I've had no problems with it on my machine.
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

Hi again,

I finally found some very interesting tools that deal with vert. sens.
- dms015.zip : actually more powerfull than novert. It does the same and the effect can be
 toggled in-game thru a hot key.
- sens.exe by ugwad, allows to set up different vert / horz sens. It's not even a TSR !!!!
 It didn't crash my comp like cpanel did.
Pugsley
noob

Post by Pugsley »

Hi Xit,  I myself do use the Novert but I would love to have very low sensitivity vertically with the mouse.  I do use the R M button for thrust but there are times when I'd like to be able to advance very slowly.

A good example is lv 06 in D2 where in the demos, folks are very slowly creeping up on the key to "not" activate the end /middle room and monsters...I have a tough time doing this with novert and the r M-button as my main thrust.

I''m very curious as to whether or not players do that with a KB/R mouse thrust or with a slight mouse roll?

thx,

Pugsley
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

mouse roll. it's more or less impossible with a key or button forward motion because you can't control your speed with those, except by "feathering" the key, which is very tricky.
--
adamw
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

Pugsley, you should try sens.exe (by UgWad), it allows to change vert and horz sens.
If you do not have it, i can mail it to you. There is dms015 too, which does the same
as novert but you can switch it on/off while playing.
Pugsley
noob

Post by Pugsley »

Thx Adam and Vince.  That would be cool if you could E-mail me that program Vince.

atomic-punk@mindspring.com

-pugs :)
Pugsley
noob

Post by Pugsley »

Played around a bit wth sens.exe <thx Vince>..seems like a pretty cool program so far.  Although I've had to experiment with different vert and horz settings.

Mainly with the horz.  I first set it at 100, thinking this would keep my turning speed the same...but seemed to speed it up.

I've already got mounse sensitivity jacked up a bit in default.config so maybe that has something to do with it.

A bit of experimenting seems to come up with a nice vertical roll for slower or more controlled forward advance and stll keep the horz. the way one is used to.

-pugs