Help the admin and post errors you find HERE

COMPET-N chit chat
vdgg
champ

Help the admin and post errors you find HERE

Post by vdgg »

On the page http://www.doom.com.hr/?page=compet-n_rules I can read:
"DOOM2 Speed: MAP07 and MAP30 don't have SPEED entries, because they don't differ from MAX." That MAP07 statement is obsolete and false.
Wouldn't it be cool to extend the rules and include Plutonia, Evilution, all the PWADs? I could do it.
Last edited by fx on 06.06.2012 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: stickied
fx
nightmare

Re: Help the admin and post errors you find HERE

Post by fx »

Yes, you are right for MAP07. I bet there are much more things I should fix. So, do you want to modify source (text) or just c/p here?
Ryback
noob

Post by Ryback »

Maybe just replace with "MAP30 doesn't have SPEED entries, because they don't differ from MAX."
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Incoming demos submitted in the PWAD section show up here as "Original game demos."

At first I blamed Ryback for submitting to the wrong section, lol.

Also, I'm sure you're aware of this but demos here and here are dead. Sorry if I'm annoying you by stating these obvious issues.

Another thing, this should have been fixed a long time ago (like in 2002) but Alien Vendetta needs to be added to NAMING.TXT.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Last edited by fx on 13.06.2012 09:11, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

It's ok, i'll be glad if you find and report bugs, since I'm busy with other things, anyway I'll fix uploading asap.
Well, I've corrected rules, thank you. Anyway, as you can see I'm migrating Compet-n to fit into doom.com.hr. My friend Alen will adjust old Compet-n page style to doom.com.hr.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Damn you're fast, but here's a suggestion.
It looks like this:
[hr31-642.zip] [CR21-133.zip] Upload your classic demos here, and pwad demos here.
It would be much better if it looked like this (notice the ¶?):
[hr31-642.zip] [CR21-133.zip]
Upload your classic demos here, and pwad demos here.
...especially if something like this happened:
[hr31-642.zip] [CR21-133.zip] [U4M1-178.zip] [E2M1-986.zip] [EV21-463.zip] [RQ21-129.zip] [AV21-018.zip] [HR219133.zip] [PF21-741.zip] Upload your classic demos here, and pwad demos here.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Archy wrote:Damn you're fast, but here's a suggestion.
Ok, got it, yeah, wasn't aware of that until I've uploaded demos.
Archy wrote:Also, I'm sure you're aware of this but demos here and here are dead. Sorry if I'm annoying you by stating these obvious issues.
Will check what's with this, hmmm.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

I wrote:Also, I'm sure you're aware of this but demos here and here are dead.
zvonimir wrote:Will check what's with this, hmmm.
They're all linked to ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/compet-n/ - a dead FTP site.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, yes, fixed that also.

I must convert all those pages to php so it would be much easier for me to fix anything. Because now I had to download 80 files and multi rename links (thank God there is multi rename in all files :P), then upload back. On doom.com.hr I just open one file where are all links, edit and that's it...
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

The "details" here lead to a dead page.

Edit: It's also dead here.

I'm referring to the details in this quote:
This jump (and its twin brother, the E4M3 one) pushes the DOOM engine to its limits. It shows off a 192 unit jump which is about the biggest possible. Earlier this jump needed a rocket launcher (see details).
Last edited by fx on 13.06.2012 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, will fix, anyway I've created naming for AV:

Code: Select all

ALIEN VENDETTA
---------------
avXY-TTT    UV Speed/Max            X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
anXY-TTT    NM Speed                X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
asXY-TTT    NM100S                  X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
afXY-TTT    UV -fast                X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
arXY-TTT    UV -respawn             X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
atXY-TTT    UV Tyson                X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
apXY-TTT    UV Pacifist             X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
HHH-avXY    UV MMH                  H: 0-9, X: 0-3, Y: 0-9
HHH-arXY    UV -respawn MMH         H: 0-9, X: 0-3, Y: 0-9
HHH-anXY    NM MMH                  H: 0-9, X: 0-3, Y: 0-9
TTTTavX1    UV Speed/Max Ep. Movie  T: 0-9, X: 0-2
TTTTanX1    NM Episode Movie        T: 0-9, X: 0-2
TTTTasX1    NM100S Episode Movie    T: 0-9, X: 0-2
TTTTafX1    UV -fast Episode Movie  T: 0-9, X: 0-2
TTTTarX1    UV -respawn Ep. Movie   T: 0-9, X: 0-2
TTTTatX1    UV Tyson Episode Movie  T: 0-9, X: 0-2
XYavTTTT    UV Speed/Max Movie      X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYanTTTT    NM Speed Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYasTTTT    NM100S Movie            X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYafTTTT    UV -fast Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYarTTTT    UV -respawn Movie       X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYatTTTT    UV Tyson Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
I'll approve it if more poeple will agree with this.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

The Heretic-N hyperlink here (at the bottom) is out of date and dead. New Heretic-N home is http://lsvc.free.fr/Heretic-N/ .

Oddly, it is not out of date here.
Ryback
noob

Post by Ryback »

AV renaming looks fine to me, you could also add these:

Code: Select all

XYanTTTT    NM Speed Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYasTTTT    NM100S Movie            X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYafTTTT    UV -fast Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYarTTTT    UV -respawn Movie       X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
XYatTTTT    UV Tyson Movie          X: 0-3, Y: 0-9, T: 0-9
Though of course it's highly unlikely we'll be seeing any of these of course.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

I've fixed it but please be aware that I've already ported about/faq/rules to doom.com.hr so if the page is on doom.com.hr menu check that page for errors.
Ryback wrote:you could also add these:
Hmm, it's already there, hint: scroll the code window :gracho:
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

This isn't an error with COMPET-N and it's not even really an error with this site but it's just something I wanted you to be aware of.

There's some "Google [Bot]" hanging around as a registered user, it's profile name is not hyper-linked.

Image in the attachment.

Sorry if I just reported something that completely wasn't a problem.
Attachments
Google [Bot]
Google [Bot]
fswa - Copy.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 335233 times
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

That's OK and normal, I've allowed bot's to crawl the forum so when someone would search something in his search engine it would show up.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

I was going to originally post this here but I then decided that this was a pretty big error.

Change all UV-MAX definitions from "UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, killing every monster at least once, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets." to "UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, exiting with all monsters dead - including revived monster, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets."

The original three definitions (exit with 100% kills, kill every monster at least once, exit with all monsters dead) all originate from Doom 1 (one) when reviving was not possible, thus all definitions are the same. With the introduction of the Arch-Vile (my favorite), monsters could be revived, making all but the last definition (exit with all monsters dead) invalid and false. Of course those two false definitions (exit with 100% kills, kill every monster at least once) are still floating around today.

Source:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-speed- ... efinition/
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post799580
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Hmm, for now I'll leave it as it is. This would "wipe" some demos featuring archville. We should discuss it more before changing anything. But good you added it.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

I will edit this post as I find more errors.

Here the "All the demos are zipped up, and you can get 'em here," link is dead.

Here the "Finally incoming was cleaned up, so if you missed anything you can always browse history.log," is green but not hyper-linked.

Here the "He managed E4M2 normal exit on Pacifist, and E1M7 on Pacifist," is green but not hyper-linked and the same issue for "E2M5, E2M6, E2M7, E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E4M5 and E4M9." as-well as "One of them is for MAP10, which is just one second shy of the speedrun record." and "He also does a neat job to the other exit with a similar time." and "Steffen Udluft sent us some Respawn demos to fill in the holes of the Ultimate DOOM table: E2M5, E3M5, E3M6 and E4M7." and "Joe "DOOMMANN" Abene continues on his quest for -fast UDOOM demos, here is his new one." and "Andy Kempling continues to do Ultimate DOOM Tyson: E3M3, E3M4, E3M6, E4M3." and "He makes his debut with an E1M8 pacifist demo. If you don't know how to make two barons fight each other, then this demo is for you." and "Steffen "Rini" Udluft makes a nice Tyson recording of a classic Episode One map, E1M7. Click here." and "Elsewhere, Thomas "Panter" Pilger does a new MAP14 speedrun while Anders Johnsen continues his "Ultimate DOOM Tyson Quest" with the following maps: E1M5, E1M6, E1M7 and E2M3. " and "The result is a new Tyson and a new Max run of the level. " and "Donatas Tamonis demostrates some cool chainsawing techniques in this surprisingly short Tyson demo. " and finally, "Arno Slagboom fights respawning monsters with ease in E1M7."

April 1999
"Even though he skipped MAP07 and MAP12's ending (using the conventional weapons there... where are you Demonlord?), it's still an entertaining run to watch. Go grab it. "
"He also showed incredible skill in this NightMare run of MAP15 (to the normal exit, which is *hard*) and a Pacifist of the ultra-tough MAP06 with very spectacular moves in the ending room. Both are must have!
Adam Williamson improved his Ep1-Max run down to 24:07. He also sent us a nice E1M1 -fast and an E1M2 Tyson.
Henning Skogsto did two DOOM2 Nightmare demos (DOOM2 demos, at last!), one on MAP06 and the other on MAP13.
"1:27. Great stuff by Chris!"
"New Ultimate DOOM -fast runs, a lot of them: E1M5, E1M9, E2M2, E2M3, E2M4, E2M5, E2M6, E2M7, E3M1, E3M2, E3M3, E3M4, E3M5, E3M7, E3M9, E4M3, E4M5, E4M8, E4M9.
New Ultimate DOOM Tyson demos, for E1M2, E2M9 and E3M1. Huh! :)
I got some new demos for E1M2: new UV Max, -fast and -respawn recordings. "
"Adam Williamson is hyper-active: he's done a new Episode 1 Max Run in 25:37, and a demo collection for E1M2: here are the new Max, -respawn, -fast and Tyson runs. "
"First of all, the third member of the "Norwegian Invasion", Jan Endre Jansen sent us a few demos: new -respawns for E1M2, E1M5, E1M6 and E1M7, and a new Pacifist for E2M1."
"Vincent Catalaa is still on Pacifist mission: his newest one is E4M5, in just 0:37! "
"He grabs the 01-10 record with a new 6:52 run, and the 11-20 record with a time of 10:19."
"Arno Slagboom recorded some Ultimate DOOM stuff lately: a Tyson of E1M8, a Pacifist of E4M7 and a -respawn of E1M2. "
"Joe "DOOMMANN" Abene fights his way through the -fast monsters of Mt. Erebus in this nice piece of recording."
"New Tyson demos for Ultimate DOOM (long list, be prepared): E1M7, E1M9, E2M1, E2M2, E2M4, E2M5, E2M7, E3M1, E3M2, E3M3, E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E3M7, E3M9, E4M3, E4M4, E4M5, E4M8 and E4M9. "

May 1999:
"Henning got: new demos for MAP15 normal exit (more than 30 seconds faster!), MAP15 secret exit, MAP23, MAP24, MAP26 and MAP28."
"Marko van der Want from the Netherlands has cut 1 second off the Pacifist time of E2M5."
Last edited by fx on 13.06.2012 09:43, edited 6 times in total.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Redirect URL :: (16th March, 1999) says:

"For you guys who had problems typing the home page URL :) I set up a shortcut at TSX. The URL is http://competn.tsx.org. Unfortunately TSX didn't allow a dash in the hostname, but that's not a big problem hopefully. "

http://competn.tsx.org now leads to a malicious web site, I think it's best to remove that link and do something like this:
"For you guys who had problems typing the home page URL :) I set up a shortcut at TSX. The URL is [link removed for security reasons]. Unfortunately TSX didn't allow a dash in the hostname, but that's not a big problem hopefully. "

Here's a WOT report on the website it now re-directs to:
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/tsx.org
Last edited by fx on 06.06.2012 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Archy wrote:This isn't an error with COMPET-N and it's not even really an error with this site but it's just something I wanted you to be aware of.

There's some "Google [Bot]" hanging around as a registered user, it's profile name is not hyper-linked.
Considering I've asked this question before (years ago and not at C-N), the basic answer is... this is Google's little bot that helps them in search engines. It shows up over at InsaneDifficulty from time to time, too, which is another board I frequent. The little Google-bot is no harm =)
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok Archy, I did a run throught reported pages and fixed links, so please inspect when you have time :) Thank you!
Please do not edit posts to add Compt-n errors, just add new post so I will know there's something new to fix.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

When ever I click [rq14-334.zip] here, it brings me to a pages that says "Error opening file or invalid filename."

And by the way, I just finished all Plutonia -fast records, would you like me to send you the log file now or when I'm done with all categories?
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, fixed old Incoming, for future use http://www.doom.com.hr/?page=doom_hr_do ... /incoming/ or just open doom.com.hr and click Incoming.
Fill all records to log and put all demo names to one txt like this one below, then send it all to me:
fast:
pf11-249.zip
movie:
30plmax.zip

etc...

So I can add them faster.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Strange, when I finished the UV-MAXs for Plutonia, I noticed that Stx-Vile's PL04-222 had already been sent to the database.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yes, there are some demos that are already in DB. Maybe it was a dual record like SPEED and PACIFIST. Then category is pacisp.

ps. I typo-ed MAX + PACIFIST = pacisp :)))
Last edited by fx on 27.06.2012 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo :)
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

fx wrote:Yes, you are right for MAP07. I bet there are much more things I should fix. So, do you want to modify source (text) or just c/p here?
All right, finally back to the rules page!!

http://pastebin.com/u5RycUrC

I tried to stick to the convention, but keep in mind:

On PWADs I skipped all this MAP15/MAP31 secret exit stuff. I guess it could be done in just two sentences (one for AV, HR, MM, MM2, Requiem, another one for Classic Episode), if we keep pasting "- MAP15 and MAP31 have secret exits. Demos are accepted separately to both exits." everywhere, we'll get a mess.

I skipped MM MAP11 problem, the admin should decide what to do with it :P

I entered kills requirement as a percentage on levels with no arch-vile resurrections. If you could get 100% by getting resurrected monsters, I put "x out y kills" instead.

I skipped tnt31fix and rq21fix information. Not sure if it should be in the rules...

I skipped these MM2 S1,S2 maps which, according to Adam Williamson, would probably not be part of C-N

Edit:should be mm map18, not mm map17, regarding KILLS. Also, if you tell me how, I could revise and correct everything once it's done.
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Not necessarily "errors", but I didn't know where else post it.
http://doom.com.hr/compet-n/database/cn ... ain+2012:5
We have several "no country" players, let's reveal them:
Kristian Ronge - Sweden (99% sure)
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post371221
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... post364128
Hi Jango - USA
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... ost1044138
Artem - Ukraine (his doomworld profile)
Revved - now I'm not sure, something rings the bell he's from Italy... I'll ask and see if I'm right
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Will look into it. Currently my house is a bit demolished and I won't be able to do any Doom stuff next few days. As of MM MAP11, not sure. Maybe fix it for COMPET-N, or leave it as it is. Not sure.

ps. I've edited and attached fixed MM MAP11. I think that should do the trick. Comments please :)

pps. I didn't touch blue keys and I think it's best to leave it that way. I just made it possible to reach/kill all monsters.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

vdgg wrote: On PWADs I skipped all this MAP15/MAP31 secret exit stuff. I guess it could be done in just two sentences (one for AV, HR, MM, MM2, Requiem, another one for Classic Episode), if we keep pasting "- MAP15 and MAP31 have secret exits. Demos are accepted separately to both exits." everywhere, we'll get a mess.
I agree, I think one/two sentences would be enought for everything. Something like:
For maps with secret exits demos are accepted separately to both exits. Those are: Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia, AV, HR, MM, MM2 & Requiem MAP15 and MAP31. For Ultimate Doom and Classic Episode: E1M3, E2M5, E3M6 and E4M2.
vdgg wrote: I skipped MM MAP11 problem, the admin should decide what to do with it :P
I've added fix in post above. Think that should do the trick, but also would eliminate current records. As said I'd like to hear some opinions about that.
vdgg wrote: I entered kills requirement as a percentage on levels with no arch-vile resurrections. If you could get 100% by getting resurrected monsters, I put "x out y kills" instead.
OK, but Doom 2 engine does not show you total kills, but let's suppose people are checking demos in PrBoom+ or some other modern port.
vdgg wrote: I skipped tnt31fix and rq21fix information. Not sure if it should be in the rules...
Yes, we should include those.
vdgg wrote: I skipped these MM2 S1,S2 maps which, according to Adam Williamson, would probably not be part of C-N
I'll think about it later. Your suggestion is welcome.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

fx02, for the Plutonia log file, if a demo is both a NM-Speed and a NM-100%s entry, do I put it in NM-100%s or NM-Speed or both?

Also, just a suggestion for the wording of the FAQ. I think "UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, killing every monster at least once including monsters resurrected by an arch-vile, except lost souls, and with 100% secrets." should be "UV Maxkills: finishing the level as fast as possible, in Ultra Violence, exiting with all monsters dead - including those resurrected by arch-viles, and excluding lost souls - with 100% secrets."

"Exiting with all monsters dead" is lot easier to understand than "killing every monster at least once," as if a monster dies and is resurrected, you have to kill him again! Not once, but again!
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

If demo is NM100s and NMARE then category = nmare100 :)

I agree with "exit after all monsters are dead."
My english is not so good, so feel free to blame me for mistakes :)
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Regarding MM11fix, I think a better idea would be to flag certain monsters as Coop only. Two users come in mind which would help here IMO: Kristian Ronge (a real MM enthusiast) and The Green Herring (recorded -respawn demo on MM11, see his comments, also here and also he created a fixing patch for CC2 MAP24). Their opinion would be much more valuable than mine.
fx wrote: but also would eliminate current records.
Including ep.2 max movie... I mean, who besides Revved would record it again? :-p
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

When clicking "MAP32 04.09.2008. pn32-108re 01:08" here this comes up:
GREŠKA 404 - Stranica ne postoji!

Dogodila se slijedeća greška:
Web stranica (URL) nije pronađena na ovom serveru.
Provjerite da li je URL ispravan ili kontaktirajte webmajstora.
marineController
noob

Post by marineController »

Hi all, I am new. ;)
I have been watching some demos today and have some questions I hope you can help me with.
I hope this is the right place to post because they look like problems.

These are all from Plutonia UV Max category:

The lmp file from the zip file PL09-530.zip appears to be corrupted (the text file is readable though).

p24-0910 has no text file, does anyone know who the author is?

pl15-224 claims 106% kills in the text file but the in the demo 18 monsters are left (86% kills shown at intermission screen), perhaps the wrong lmp.

I also noticed that:
pl02-222 ends 3 ticks slower when replayed with doom2 and plutonia as a PWAD.
pl11-301 ends 1 tick faster (1 second difference on the intermission screen) when replayed with doom2 and plutonia as a PWAD.

Thanks for your help.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Hi, yeah, pl09-530.lmp is corrupt and as I see it other mirrors have the same zip file. Not sure if we should remove it from archive only or remove lmp from it as it's not valid. Don't know how Adam missed it. Afaik, there are more lmp's in archive that should be fixed/removed. Feel free to report them.

p24-0910 -> old database says it's Peo Sjoblom

pl15-224 -> sry no time to check it, too busy to do anything these days

pl02-222 & pl11-301 -> same as above :/

When I'll get some time I'll take a look into that and respond.
The Green Herring
noob

Post by The Green Herring »

The 0:29 UV max record for Ultimate Doom E1M1 is listed as being held by Uwe Girlich, in a demo recorded on 30.08.1998 with the zip filename e1m1c029.zip, whose link is broken. In fact, it is held by Jonathan Rimmer, whose demo was recorded on 13.04.2001 with the zip filename e1m1-029.zip, which exists on the server. Girlich's demo was infamously cheated; Rimmer specifically notes that he equaled Girlich's cheated time.
- The Green Herring -
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, I've fixed it, now cheaters will be identified with * and ignored from any calculations. That file is really missing (e1m1c029.zip), anyone has this? It will be removed from records if we don't have it.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

marineController wrote: pl15-224 claims 106% kills in the text file but the in the demo 18 monsters are left (86% kills shown at intermission screen), perhaps the wrong lmp.
Sorry for the wait, finally have some time to look at this, well, MAX category was played improperly with use of arch-viles so that's why he got 106% kills but still left some monsters on the map. We should and will remove all demos that failed doing this the proper way.
marineController wrote: I also noticed that:
pl02-222 ends 3 ticks slower when replayed with doom2 and plutonia as a PWAD.
pl11-301 ends 1 tick faster (1 second difference on the intermission screen) when replayed with doom2 and plutonia as a PWAD.
For these one's I'm not sure why is that. Maybe it was recorded with wrong exe file?
marineController wrote: Thanks for your help.
Not a problem, at your service!
Jartapran
noob

Post by Jartapran »

Hello, while comparing the COMPET-N record listings with the material I found from the folders, I came across this oddity.

http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... ayer=&hs=0

Doom II UV -fast
MAP03
00:01:34 Henning Skogsto

However, in the fast folder, there is a file called fa03-130.zip holding a 1:30 demo by Radek Pecka. Is the record valid? Here's a direct link:

http://www.doom.com.hr/public/compet-n/ ... 03-130.zip
Jartapran, a humble contributor from The Doom Wiki
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

That's a nice discovery. I never noticed that; justification: http://www.doom2.net/~compet-n/database ... ast+2005:7 Looks like Radek had too many records and has never spotted this :P
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Swet, fixed, just a wrong map (MAP02) in database. vdgg already sent me some fixes for udoom, av, hr, mm2 via email and I'll take care of them tommorow.
Jartapran
noob

Post by Jartapran »

Thanks for the feedback, fellows! Now, I've examined some of the folder data of the eight primary runs (with MAP01-MAP32 [Doom II] and E1M1-E1M9 [Doom] having been covered) and put down all the oddities that left bothering me:

1) Doom, E1M8, NM100S: 0:50 Casey Alvis
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... yer=0&hs=0

This might have been among the things that vdgg notified about but still: In the nm100s folder, there is a zip called
n1s8-048 holding a demo of 0:48 by Karim El-Sheikh. Has it been approved? Here's a direct link:
http://www.doom.com.hr/public/doom2/dem ... s8-048.zip

2) Doom II, MAP15, UV pacifist (secret exit): 0:31 Vincent Catalaa

The zip file has been named incorrectly as it is pa15-031.zip instead of pa15s031.zip. That's why the link to the file is broken.

3) Doom II, MAP06, UV max: 2:29 Anders Johnsen

The real time is 2:22 as is reflected in the zip file.

Here's yet something of a lower importance. I found these 16 records to have something odd in their dates. The first one in the list is the current COMPET-N date while the following one is the modification date of the lmp file (the txt files of these demos do not give additional information about the date):
Some of the dates have been set during Hegyi's era so it may well be that the speedrunners have simply informed Adam afterwards about the real recording dates. That would explain the differences. Whichever the reason is, I wish you could have a look at these.

Finally, I didn't attempt to be a nitpicker here but only tried to cram as much content to this single post as possible. This is because it is likely that I won't go through the content again any time soon. If you like, I can still report similarly about Ultimate Doom's E2M1-E4M9.

Take your time. I took mine too. :)
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

1) n1s8-048 holding a demo of 0:48 by Karim El-Sheikh. Has it been approved? Here's a direct link:
Oh, this is AFAIK cheated demo/TAS, will remove it ASAP.
2) Doom II, MAP15, UV pacifist (secret exit): 0:31 Vincent Catalaa
The zip file has been named incorrectly as it is pa15-031.zip instead of pa15s031.zip. That's why the link to the file is broken.
Fixed! Originaly it's pa15-031.zip but I renamed it to pa15s031.zip
3) Doom II, MAP06, UV max: 2:29 Anders Johnsen
The real time is 2:22 as is reflected in the zip file.
Fixed! True, it's a typo or database conversion problem, there is probably more errors. :teeth:

I have to go now, so don't have time to fix others. Dates might be wrong for many demos and I think we cant do too much about it. Well, I'll take a look later.
Take your time. I took mine too. :)
Any help is appreciated!

EDIT 1: Ok, now I had time so I've finally completed reading your post. Dates for Doom, Doom 2, TNT and Plutonia are from AdamH's database, so I guess they are correct. There might be errors since I don't know if everything went OK when I did DB conversion to MySQL. As I see it 99% is fine. I doubt that anything happened to dates so they are correct.
Anyway, what we did for PWAD's:
- we took the date from LMP if date seemed OK
- if date looked "wrong" like year 1970, or 1988, then I took txt's date which fit correctly between older and newer record

I didn't had any other case with dates. Anyway, I'll take a look right now into records you pointed to see what can we do about that and will report it here.

EDIT 2: Yes, txt files are in many cases written fewdays later, since player didn't wanted to upload his crappy demo :gracho: and wanted to do a better run. After few days he gave up :facepalm: and sent his 4 days old lmp with newer txt file in zip. Anyway, for Nightmare record n1m2-023.zip and all like that we should fix record date. It's 19.03. for lmp and txt but that's corect if you ask me, but requires a lot of work. If you want to report wrong dates feel free to report them I'll be really happy. When they will be reported I can easily fix them. I'll look into other records and fix dates. But be careful If the date in LMP is older then other slower record.
EDIT 3: Oh yes ... AdamH record for E1M8-110.ZIP is absolutely WRONG :) Yes please if you can find more errors I'll be glad to fix them, well I can even give you database access so you can fix it yourself :P

EDIT 4: FA25-145.ZIP is example where I cant rely on LMP date and will not fix it since it would invalidate all other records. I guess henning's system time was wrong/one year late.
Same with FA26.... and yes it's Henning's record. His system time was probaly incorrect since I remember that lots of his demos had wrong date so I added one year to them. :/
Hmm, same stuff with Radek's respawn records. I can't do anything about them. I will leave it as is since AdamH probably took ZIP upload date.

EDIT 5: Ok I've fixed the rest. So if date in lmp is older than other records I will not change it. That's it from me today, need to put kids to bed lol
Jartapran
noob

Post by Jartapran »

Wow, that was a thorough one!
FA25-145.ZIP is example where I cant rely on LMP date and will not fix it since it would invalidate all other records.
I hadn't thought about the point you had there; to check the dates of the previous records for sensibleness. With that in mind, I agree that you would leave the mentioned five demo dates (Henning 2x & Radek 3x) be the way they are.
Yes please if you can find more errors I'll be glad to fix them, well I can even give you database access so you can fix it yourself :P
If such editor work would release time for you to do other work for the site, even for a little while, why not ? :) No matter what, I'm going to (at least) check the record folders of Doom, Evilution and Plutonia (Doom IWADs) in their entirety, in order to get the material on the Doom Wiki updated. In case I find date errors, I could fix them on the fly, given that a change seems sensible.

As a side note, if I still find demo files in folders suggesting that there could be an unseen record that's not in the current listings, I will notify you right away. At the moment, the situation is 1-1; Radek Pecka's folder demo for MAP03 was correct whereas Karim El-Sheikh's demo for E1M8 was not. You know better than I what the approval requirements for entries are.
That's it from me today, need to put kids to bed lol
Good, the priority list is OK. :) No rush with the access topic.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Ok, then I suggest you to write errors here, but I'll give you access to database, since it's much more convenient to look for errors there.
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

The Ultimate Doom epnmare movie for Episode 3 should be Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore's time of 4:10 but the date I do not know unless someone can find it. Adam Hegyi's 4:18 is still listed as the current record.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Hm, do you have Drew's demo maybe? I can't find it. I'll ask Drew anyway.
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I do have it, I don't remember where I obtained it but it's an official record as stated in the text file...
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, since Drew also doesnt have it please mail it to competn@doom.com.hr
:)
ty
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I fucked my upload of er15-236 and put it in the PWADs by accident, so I reuploaded the same file to the proper folder. Please delete the one out of the PWADs folder. I'm sleep deprived.

Also, I do know BahdKo's first and last name for the database if you'd like that information, unless it was stated somewhere they didn't want to use that information.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

np, will remove it from pwads.

BahdKo asked me to remove first/last name so I'll leave it that way.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yeah, need to do an update tho, sorting some things out atm. :coffeenews:
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

fx wrote:BahdKo asked me to remove first/last name so I'll leave it that way.
Pity, but oh well, I can understand that lol. I really need to post up more speedruns on the C-N YouTube page x.x
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, I'm finally back to my pc and doom in general, I'm preparing to do CN update later today or maybe tomorrow it depends on few things, anyway I'd love to include some Youtube demos as well so I'll PM you about that. Not sure anyway who is maintaining http://www.youtube.com/user/CompetnRecords I think I've already contacted author but can't remember who it was :))) :facepalm:
AltimaMantoid
player

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I maintain it lol. I don't have any new records posted up from this update, I'm slowly working my way through UDoom.
The Green Herring
noob

The 1:27 and 1:26 records for TNT MAP30 UV speed (seen here) and the 2:36 record for TNT MAP17 UV -respawn (here) are all incorrectly credited to Joe Abene. In fact, they were performed by Jakub Machata, as plainly stated in their text files.
- The Green Herring -
The Green Herring
noob

There was a UV Tyson record on TNT MAP26 (22:38) set by Jim Leonard (Xit Vono) on December 15, 2004 that can be found here. However, it is not currently listed on the database page.
- The Green Herring -
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Here ExM7 doesn't show up.
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Yes, but from Adam Hegyi you read that "E1M8, E4M8 don't have RESPAWN entries due to administrating problems." You want to change that, -respawn enthusiast, don't you ? ;)
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

No, he's right about ExM7 missing, it was my fault and is fixed now. I was otpimizing some sql queries and changed id's for all maps but forgot to change it in one sql query. It's good to have someone reporting such mistakes.

ps. not sure what's the real problem in E1M8 and E4M8 in respawn, maybe we could make them playable in new client?
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

fx wrote:No, he's right about ExM7 missing,
Oops
fx wrote:not sure what's the real problem in E1M8 and E4M8 in respawn, maybe we could make them playable in new client?
I guess vanilla doesn't show kills % after finishing these maps.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Yes, make them playable in the new client, and I think ExM8 respawn entries should be accepted in the old database, just not for points though because of Adam Hegyi's (outdated) rule -- similar to how UV -FAST entries are accepted, just not for points.

Anyways, this got me thinking about something. I was wondering if you could make the -fast/-respawn/tyson/whatever-isn't-there movies available to view in the database GUI. They're not for points but at least for the -fast entries, the competition is very real and I think the public should have easy access to them.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Sorry, but I didn't understand what you want and where :)

Do you want to see all movies? or you want me to accept respawn/tyson/fast movies to database? It's not a problem to accept movies, database is ready.
Points in other hand, I'd give 5 points for episodes and 10 for complete run. It's easy to play one map, but episode or movie is challenging. Also, only best movie would score points. Thoughts?
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

I'm a bit confused by your reply as well. Are you referring to the old database or the new database? What I was saying is that I think respawn/tyson/fast movies should be viewable from the old database from here. Right now only epspeed, epnmare, epmax, and epnm100s are showing. Here you can view epfast movies, coopmovies, and miscmovies but not respawn/tyson/ movies.

As for points (assuming we're talking about COMPET-N and not CNDOOM) I don't think they should be altered out of respect for Adam Hegyi who has not authorized any successor to make changes and BahdKo who wished COMPET-N to remain as it did under Hegyi. (Altering point values is hardly a change though, so if you change it I won't protest.) Now while that is what I believe under a moral sense, this is what I'd like to see, and would love for you to implement it into CNDOOM assuming you agree:
• Only the best movie would count for points.
• Episode runs are awarded 5 points for SPEED, NMARE, NM100%s, MAX, TYSON, PACIFIST. (Never say never).
• Episode runs are awarded 2.5 points for FAST and RESPAWN. (Becuase since less people play these categories, it's easier).
• Complete runs are awarded 15 points for SPEED, NMARE, NM100%s, MAX, TYSON, PACIFIST. (It's a COMPLETE run, I think they deserve a little more than just twice the points of an episode run).
• Complete runs are awarded 7.5 points for FAST and RESPAWN.
• Same rules for PWAD movies but awarded half points.
(Obviously most of these categories don't apply to CNDOOM's rules but I included them anyway just to be comprehensive.)

Now that we're on the subject of points, I'd like to bring up another one of my opinions. FAST and RESPAWN have always been awarded half points due to the categories' lack of intensive competition. This is so some noob can't get high on the leaderboard just for filling up RESPAWN tables. Since the competition for PWADS has always been significantly less intensive than that of IWADS -- using the same principle -- I've always thought PWAD entries should be awarded half points (SPEED, NMARE, NM100%s, MAX, TYSON, PACIFIST awarded 0.5 points, FAST and RESPAWN awarded 0.25). I think this would make the HIGHSCORE (ALL GAMES) leaderboard show who's really more skilled a bit more accurately.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

ok, I'm in a hurry atm but will answer about viewing respawn/tyson movies, they weren't in old Hegyi's database so that's why they are not in new database. I didn't had time to check since I worked on database optimizing and editor and many other things, so other people did that for me, if you think/find there is some respawn/tyson movie give me link and I'll add it to database (I know I can do it myself but I'd like to invole more poeple contributing :P) ). No problem at all for that. So we are clear about your question. Regarding points, I'll reply later when I'll have more time :)

ps. so let's continue now,
After some thinking....
For some it might not be fair to add now points for respawn/fast/tyson episodes and movies since many do not like respawn/fast and say it's easy to play such categories, well yes it is easy on doom or doom2, but pwads are pretty hard to play and take alot of time and effort.
In some cases I would agree with above statement, like this... who the hell would watch respawn movie through AV... if anyone would even do it or ... tyson???? vdgg ofc :gracho:
On the other hand, why didn't they just remove respawn and fast from COMPET-N if they think it's unfair and easy. That's why CNDOOM will not have respawn, nm100s, tyson and fast at all. And if we ever reach the point (almost/all records done) of current COMPET-N database with miliseconds then we can let such categories but I doubt it, really doubt it, since there are only few active players left and interested to compete (I'm hoping that linux/mac/win client will bring more players).
So that's why I was considering to make them available in COMPET-N database now, I've already changed COMPET-N with some help from other players so I doubt someone will be angry if we let movies in. We might of course think/talk more about it and then decide. There's no rush.

Regarding "legacy":
AdamH left MANY years ago and I'm sad he didn't leave some kind of notice to future admins or contact or anything since my opinion is that COMPET-N should belong to players, not to admins and I've personally visited him twice (once with Sedlo, second time Radeg came) in Budapest and thought he'd be in some kind of contact with me after all. AdamH if you read this, please be kind and send me an email: "I'm alive and will kill you for reviving COMPET-N!" :). Thank god BahdKo is still running the site and keeping it like that.

BahKo first said that I should be careful and warned me with some things and people that will try to make me go away, that's all. Later she told me that I've done OK and if I want to change something it's ok. She was just worried that I'll end like AdamH, and as you see I'm not going anywhere. I'll run this site as long as I'm alive ;). That's why she joined Doomworld discussion when people started to say "it's dead", "let it die", "give us prboom, it's the same as dosbox" and shit like that pissed her. She's a really good person/didn't mean to harm anyone and I'm really sorry it all ended so bad (at least in my eyes). But, let's move on, that thread is a COMPET-N tragedy and I'll let it die there.

pps. CNDOOM will have totally different rules since we will be able to have stats for all levels and timer and lots of other tiny perks :) so for now I'd like to talk about COMPET-N. When CNDOOM reaches v0.3beta/public then we can discuss rules for it.

I think respawn/fast/tyson movies deserves the same amount of points as max/speed because we have few players playing now/movies are not easy at all/other records are populated/might bring us more players?.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Rizera is not 2014 years old. He is not some deity, he is a mortal human being.

Revved did not compete an entire Plutonia Episode in zero seconds...

ul4mi8-z.zip is not a valid max entry. 100% kills are required for max, not 68%.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Archy wrote:Rizera is not 2014 years old. He is not some deity, he is a mortal human being.
Well, are you 100% sure he's not immortal?!!!
But, yeah, PHP/MySQL bug -> fixed.

Revved did not compete an entire Plutonia Episode in zero seconds...
Very nice one, found out that 6039rq01.zip also had 00:00:00 time :/ -> fixed

ul4mi8-z.zip is not a valid max entry. 100% kills are required for max, not 68%.
Weird one, dunno why it is also in old COMPET-N database, but it's moved to misc category... -> fixed

Thank you!
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Archy wrote:On NM100s, there are no separate entries for secret and non-secret exits just as is with MAX. E4M2 is no exception.
Heh, I think I mentioned this to fx already before, but he decided to keep it as it was in the Hegyi-run database...
PR03-307 has unrightfully been blown off the face of the earth. How disturbing...
What about evilution map15 respawn? The one recorded this year...
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

vdgg wrote:What about evilution map15 respawn? The one recorded this year...
I am unaware of this said entry...
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Fixed, forgot to remove cheaters from update query so it removed whole map.
Cool, so which Country does Rizere belong to?
Archy wrote:On NM100s, there are no separate entries for secret and non-secret exits just as is with MAX. E4M2 is no exception.
As vdgg pointed. One day I might "fix" it but not now :/
Archy wrote:J4rio's has submitted multiply demos since 08.09.2012 as you can see here and here and here and finally here.
"Someone" should upload them to incoming or at least send them to competn@doom.com.hr if uploading does not work. Rules are really simple to follow. I do not intend to look up any other sites for records.
Archy wrote:PR03-307 has unrightfully been blown off the face of the earth. How disturbing...
Yeah, demos are missing since I'm doing an COMPET-N update at the moment so I'm watching demos and adding them to database/news.
Wait for a while and everything's gonna be OK. ^^
vdgg wrote:What about evilution map15 respawn? The one recorded this year...
Thanks, it was tagged as map28??? but ok, fixed it now.
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Rizera's from Brazil, I think

Edit: very nice layout change overall, but these MOMENTO Moris on the main page hurt my eyes...
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Momento Mori
LOL, didn't sleep last night... rofl :facepalm: roflcopter fixed :)

ps. afaik you have db access so don't be afraid to change it (Rizera country) next time yourself ;)
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

fx wrote:"Someone" should upload them to incoming or at least send them to competn@doom.com.hr if uploading does not work. Rules are really simple to follow. I do not intend to look up any other sites for records.
Talk to myk, I think this should be explicitly stated in post one of this thread. In the mean time I'll upload them to /incoming.

Also, very nice layout change, but this is kinda unacceptable:
ex.png
Also, WTF is pravila??

Here Brazil has 0.5 points. here Brazil also has 05 points. The same is true for here. Now if there are 0.5 pints here and 0.5 there, then shouldn't there be 1.0 points here?

Edit: On closer inspection, sorting points by country makes no difference when filters are applied.

Defeated entries are no longer faded out.

Ryback's demo appears twice here.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yeah selecting country and wads does not work... yet. I'll add it to my to-do list now.

Defeated entries: on my to-do list.

Ryback's demo fixed (database duplicate).

And mobile will be checked, I did some changes to rules page yesterday so I guess something went wrong.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

COMPET-N wrote:Q: OK, but where are the demos?

A: COMPET-N's demo site is ?page=doom_hr_download&path=compet-n/. The directory structure is pretty much self-explanatory, I don't think you'll have trouble finding any LMP.
"?page=doom_hr_download&path=compet-n/" redirects to this. I hope we are seeing the same thing:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 5: include(./filemanager/icons.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 5: include(): Failed opening './filemanager/icons.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 6: include(./filemanager/config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 6: include(): Failed opening './filemanager/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 7: include(./filemanager/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 7: include(): Failed opening './filemanager/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 8: include(./filemanager/language/en.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/doom_hr_download.php on line 8: include(): Failed opening './filemanager/language/en.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
On another topic, all these demos gives me a "Sorry but seems you're lost..."
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

uh, forgot to remove that link, download manager is removed since public dir is open to anyone, even leechers or hotlinkers.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Both of these Anders Johnsen demos are also NM100%s.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Fixed mobile display, forced height in css ... big mistake. Also fixed 100% secrets from Anders.
"Pravila" means rules :)
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Dammit! pn32-118 is also a NM100%s. Sorry for the overlook.
fx wrote:"Pravila" means rules :)
I figured. Sounds so much more interesting than "rules."
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Before click:
bandicam 2013-03-14 17-29-56-859.jpg
bandicam 2013-03-14 17-29-56-859.jpg (9.23 KiB) Viewed 333767 times
After click:
bandicam 2013-03-14 17-30-26-828.jpg
bandicam 2013-03-14 17-30-26-828.jpg (9.09 KiB) Viewed 333767 times
:O suddenly he lost a record!!!
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Thats just a wrong css color. Ill fix it. Away atm for few days.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

The database just disappeared.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/compet-n_database.php on line 13: include_once(/var/www/doom.com.hr/web/inc/db_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/compet-n_database.php on line 13: include_once(): Failed opening '/var/www/doom.com.hr/web/inc/db_config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/compet-n_database.php on line 14: include_once(/var/www/doom.com.hr/web/inc/db_functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/compet-n_database.php on line 14: include_once(): Failed opening '/var/www/doom.com.hr/web/inc/db_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear')
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /var/www/clients/client1/web47/web/pages/lang/english/compet-n_database.php on line 27: mysqli_connect(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'web47'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Connect failed: Access denied for user 'web47'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
EDIT: It's working fine now, odd...
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Comments don't show at specific levels:
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... =7&map=201
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yeh, they will be show, I'm in the process of implementing them. You can try comments on actual records for now. Didn't style them yet and there might be bugs but I think it's OK for now, think this it gonna be really cool feature.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

"Inform me of follow-up comments via email" -- I think we should have a "view unread comments" option just like we have a "View unread posts" option.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

You can be informed via email if you commented, and you can monitor latest comments on front page, below forum feeds. I'll make an option to remove comment feed or to add more comments like for forum feed.

ps. fixed Avatar thing.
One thing does not work yet, unsubscribing from emails. So be careful if you tick "notify".
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

">>> RESET ALL <<<" Quick fix does not appear in this error:
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... s=1&cn_db=

I am not aware as to how this error occurred, but here's my history:
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compet-n_database
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... s=1&cn_db=

EDIT: Seems to have fixed it's self, here's a picture of what I saw:
bandicam 2013-04-05 05-15-22-771.jpg
I suggest adding ">>> RESET ALL <<<" quick fix to " Connect Error!" page or a "refresh" option.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Yeah i'm working right now on hi-score, trying to incorporate coop hi-score to database so here and there hi-score might output connect error.
vdgg
champ

Post by vdgg »

Hm,I'm getting "no players" when selecting WAD, category and map.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/ ... 7081d0.jpg
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Didn't check that one but fixed it, also now sorting works for player2 in coop.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Clicking on the "r1m8-249.zip" link in the Database home page leads me here:
http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=404
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Fixed, records in Incoming should not appear in database before verification.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

Why is Andreas Kren listed as "Michael Kren?"
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Well, afaik we have Andreas and Michael Kren. Maybe player were swapped in import. Yeah, I looked into demos, so I swapped players now. Should be fine.
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

"Anthe 'Kren' Kren" should be "Andreas 'Anthe' Kren," hence his acronym, AAK.

Also, I don't think anyone could complete Doom II in 3:11, 4:47 or even 9:46...
bandicam 2013-05-03 20-06-23-847.jpg
Also, when clicking on any players' name there, I get "Connect Error!"
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

1 - Andreas fixed
2 - notice filename: 03nm..., that means that are partial runs when there were no 30nm
3 - fixed
Jartapran
noob

Post by Jartapran »

Just noticed that E3M1 uses the map picture of E2M9 on the database page:

14 incoming demos at the time of writing ? It's nice to see an increase in speedrunning activities.