That's it for me...

Anything else!
AltimaMantoid
player

That's it for me...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I'm done with Doom now... I just am unable to play now, and plus I'm just losing interest. I've had a lot of fun over the past 2+ years of playing, and I'm amazed at just how much better I've become... damn... just watch ev311029 to see how badly I sucked.

I'll still hang around IRC, but don't expect anything new from me. Ever. Sayonara
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
xit vono
from hell

Re: That's it for me...

Post by xit vono »

and you decided april first was a good date to post this???
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

Why do you say you can't play anymore?   :(
Good luck in the future, man.
Altima
from hell

Erm...

Post by Altima »

Vono, fuck you, I didn't ask for your opinion *spoken in a polite and happy tone*

Opulent, yeah, it sucks, but my mouse no longer will cooperate with me on any game but Diablo II (fucking cheesy piece of shit OPTICAL mouse!!), and also I've done pretty much all I can think of to do... just... don't have... motivation anymore...
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

That wasn't very nice... IMVHO, there's no need to flame someone who wasn't being impolite themselves.  but I'll keep quiet... :-X
DeDo
noob

Post by DeDo »

I'm really sorry to hear that Altima. :'(
But maybe that interest will come back after some time has passed. :)
One way or another good luck on anything you will be doing.
AltimaMantoid
player

=)

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I swear, some of you people are so gullible...

Me? Quit Doom? Nope.... XD

April Fool's, you bunch of suckers! =P

And still, fuck you Vono for almost ruining my joke >.<
Johnsen
from hell

Post by Johnsen »

Some people really do crave attention don't they. And I'm not referring to Vono for once. Just to add as well, I'm not alone when it comes to getting tired of hearing about ev31 and how much you supposedly improved the past year. If you want recognition, put work into stuff. And stop looking for sympathy 24/7...we all got our problems. bah.
AltimaMantoid
player

WTF?

Post by AltimaMantoid »

This is gonna sound harsh... but I want my sleep... I'm typing this while I wait on my younger brother to finish getting ready for school. And I feel like this is something I have to say now...

Anders, that's not even what I was after there. I was trying to make it look like some sort of official goodbye, like I was really leaving. Damn dude, I'm not out for any fucking attention at all. I just needed something as an April Fool's joke, and so what if it was lame? I wasn't out to GET attention. It was SUPPOSED to be a harmless joke, despite the fact it was lame.

The reason I refer to ev31 is BECAUSE it was my first demo.... I know no one will actually go and watch it. It's basically that all I'm doing is pointing out that the demo IS there if anyone chooses to watch it. I want pity and attention from no one. I want sympathy from no one. I want NOTHING from anyone.... so stop assuming things, just because you keep up with my journal and try to get into my head.

I do put work into things, it's just the fact that I KNOW I'm not even close to the calibur of skill that every other player here has pretty much. I know it as a fact, and I'm sure it's apparent to everyone else here too.

And I actually hope I made sense with this, seeing as how I'm tired, I want to go back to sleep, and my head is filled with many random thoughts because I'm sleepy.... hopefully this made a point. If not, oh well, at least I tried defending myself or something...
Johnsen
from hell

Post by Johnsen »

I'd reply with something if the above was anything but a defence mechanism doing the talking.

> just because you keep up with my journal and try to get
AltimaMantoid
player

Heh...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I'm going to simply drop this where it is right now. No use in posting anything long and overdrawn out for nothing *goes back to sleep*
DeDo
noob

Another who got me

Post by DeDo »

Man, how I hate that one day.   :P

Anyway, do you really have problems with your mouse or was your mm12-530.txt a part of your joke?

And as revenge I will take your ev31 max from you someday HAHAHAHAHA  ;D
AltimaMantoid
player

o.o

Post by AltimaMantoid »

No, actually the text in mm12-530 is real, I do have problems with my mouse. Dunno why though, everyone speaks highly of optical mice, and I have/use one now, and it just works like shit for me o.O I just can't figure it out... it's even a newer model too...
DeDo
noob

Post by DeDo »

Well optical mice don't like some types of surfaces(glass for example) and I think I read somewhere that wireless mice can also cause some trouble but I'm not very sure of this.
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

Well, most people speak about the Logitech MX serie 300 or 500. I am sure this is good stuff. Avoid cordless at any cost tho.

I currently use a 1st generation M$ optical Intellieye... which is pretty good I think, in fact much better than the latest M$ opticals. It seems the 1st gen of M$ was best (to me).
I also play with a basic regular Logitech Optical (cheap one) at Vono's and I must admit is plays like my old M$.. so I am happy :-)

If you want a piece of advice : try different models... esp the logitech ones since the current M$ suck. Mice are not very expensive, so you can try 2 or 3 different ones... and it might make you happy to, at last, find something that suits you.
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

vince: I use MX700 (cordless), it's fine. Uses proprietary transmission so it runs 125Hz like corded mice, not crappy 30-40Hz like other cordless...
--
adamw
VinceDSS
noob

Post by VinceDSS »

AW:
what happens when your mouse runs out of power when you are recording an extra long run ?
I don't really want that :) so no cordless for me ever... until they make em nuclear or everlasting :)
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

battery in this thing lasts forever, i forgot to charge it for a week when i came back from holiday and didn't even get the low power warning...
--
adamw