PrBoom trouble.

Anything else!
Viper-X
from hell

PrBoom trouble.

Post by Viper-X »

Hello again,

I've got a quick question about PrBoom, maybe anyone here knows anything about it. This bug first appeared when my younger brother was playing, and it's perfectly reproduceable as well. Whenever you go from episode 3 map 3 to map 4, PrBoom crashes with the following message: V_DrawMemPatch: Patch origin 267,60 exceeds LFBBad V_DrawMemPatch (flags=4). Those to levels are perfectly playable separately, but whenever you exit lvl 3 and gets past the score screen, ready to play the next level, it crashes out with that message. Using PrBoom 2.2.4. Only happens in this one situation. Not a big deal, I know, but I'd still like to fix it. I doubt I can get any help here if it's anything related to my computer specifically, but just checking, in case someone would have experienced it as well, or if it's something related to the wad-files/maps. Thanks! :)

Viper-X
Opulent_
from hell

Re: PrBoom trouble.

Post by Opulent_ »

You could save the debug info and post it in their bugs section:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/prboom/
Does it happen with prboom2.02 or prboom2.30?
Grazza
noob

Post by Grazza »

I get exactly the same error.

This error doesn't occur with the OpenGL version (glboom.exe) - only with the version with the software renderer (prboom.exe).

I tested it with prboom 2.02 - no problem there.
Last edited by Grazza on 28.03.2004 16:47, edited 1 time in total.
Viper-X
from hell

Post by Viper-X »

I tested this with both PrBoom 2.2.3 and 2.3, no problems there. I'll have to send the team a bug report regarding it.

Something I thought of, could this be because the text "You are here" actually appears (partially or fully? Can't remember.) outside the playing field? This is, I think, the only case where it does that.