Anything else!
Eugene
from hell

HR2 is dead

Post by Eugene »

Check out idgames newstuff for dis2000.

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgame ... is2000.txt
ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgame ... is2000.zip

Pagb666 has released a map that was intended to be MAP24 of HR2. Map uses as base e3m8 level and it's all that I can say. I'm still in a trip and have no access to doom2.exe and other related stuff. It's dawned form the description that the project is dead.
Lets hope that other beta maps will be released as one wad.
admin
nightmare

Re: HR2 is dead

Post by admin »

Part of the beta maps (MAP01-15, MAP31-32) were released in 2000.

I wonder what happened to Zokum's MAP29...
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

Strange but I thought there's been some activity lately.
Last edited by Vile on 05.06.2003 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
Torn
noob

Post by Torn »

yeah, I am out to do map20 for it. But I still need to talk with chroz about it. :)
Oyvind
noob

Post by Oyvind »

Spoke briefly to Chroz about it (I know him in real life). He left the project quite some time ago, it was just too much work with different people being active at different times etc. He said he left the responsibility to some guy named Sam Woodman, though this guy didn't seem to keen on it.

Chroz says he has considered having a look at the project again this summer, but although he wants to he also has a lot to do, so he's not sure if it's going to happen...
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

What did Woodman do with it, I wonder... and where is PL2 blah blah!

Anyway, there's enough people still involved in the mapping scene, maybe someone else will take over eventually.
Last edited by Vile on 06.06.2003 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

Plut2 is slowly coming... actually they are quite a long ways along, but I think they're in no rush to release it early/unfinished.  It is easy on such a long project to look back on some maps are say that they're now not good enough(Mordeth and DOOM Millenium suffered from this too, IIRC).
Maybe someone should talk Gomez into heading HR2... he'd be one of my first choices for sure.  Or maybe we could talk Erik into setting aside tomorrow to finish it up. :P ;D
AltimaMantoid
player

Bah, no dead!

Post by AltimaMantoid »

If it comes down to it, I personally would head up. However, I would DEFINATELY need some assistance wrapping up the finished project upon release =)
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
Eugene
from hell

Post by Eugene »

Some time ago, in early 2002, I've found on some russian site (now it's down) an archive labeled hr2_assorted.zip or so on. It's contained 5 or so HR2 maps that are not present in the 2000 beta release. I'm still in a trip and can't check for sure. How I've remember map27 was impressive and a map was built as remix hr22. I mean these maps when I've was told about future hr2 maps release as one wad.
DooMBoy
noob

Post by DooMBoy »

Dammit, this project better not die. They're almost halfway done with this proj (15 maps done), and if it were to die now I would be sorely disappointed.
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

I thought I already cleared this up? The old thread seems to have disappeared though, so here we go again...

HR2 is not dead!!!

I do believe I'm the only one still working on it, though. I've a total of 28 levels at 99%, only needing to quickly go through them to make sure they conform to the new resource file. The others are occupying most of my time, at the moment.

What you can expect:

* Massive visual improvements. No more misaligned textures.
* Mild to major gameplay alterations. Some harder, some easier, some just more fun.
* Good skill setting implementation.
* DM support on most levels, with in-game modifications where necessary.
* Original music.
* Zero demo compatibility with either of the previous versions.
* Most importantly: no more bugs!

Why haven't I updated the website? I spend time on this in spurts and the homepage is pretty much useless if the project never gets finished. Upon release I'll probably post new screenshots, but that's it.

Upon release, the accompanying text file will be short on information, most likely consisting of comments from me and the names of the participants(that I can remember). Don't even expect E-Mail addresses. Nobody ever bothered to keep track of this stuff and I'm sure as hell not going to waste time with it now.

In other words, this project has pretty much turned into my own personal crusade. Why is it taking me so long? Simple: I'm a perfectionist. I've dedicated hundreds of hours to this and I'm not about to stop so close to the finish line.
Last edited by Andy_Olivera on 25.06.2003 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

Let me be the first on this board to say 'I love you'. :-* :-* :-*
:)
Eugene
from hell

Post by Eugene »

Great news!
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

Very interesting information there, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final build in the public eye.  I don't know if anyone else feels this, but it seems like seeing this project finally finished and released would rejuvenate the community and raise anticipation for other projects several years in the making.  It seems like it will be an inspiring release.
Gusta
noob

Post by Gusta »

Wooooo! What a surprise for me! I am really looking forward to that day, because Hr2 is a megawad I have ever liked. Pity the demos will not be compatible but I will surely play my favourite map again and again! And I hope the others will too. Anyway I am glad there are lotsa more people who like this MW than I have expected.
Kristian Ronge
noob

Post by Kristian Ronge »

Fuck Quake. Let's Do Art! ;D
"One should never confuse the unlikely with the impossible."
-- John Dickson Carr
Torn
noob

Post by Torn »

Hmm, I got to make map27 from chroz. But now andy is leading it?. But... :/
Oh well, can I still do map27?.
Andy_Olivera
noob

Post by Andy_Olivera »

There's one slot left to fill, unless Zokum finishes his map very soon, so if anybody has a level they'd like to contribute feel free to send it my way. Otherwise, if I don't have the final level by the time I've finished the rest of the set it may turn out to be a 31 level MegaWAD. >:(
Last edited by Andy_Olivera on 13.07.2003 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Torn
noob

Post by Torn »

Blah, I thought I could do map27, Thanks alot.
AltimaMantoid
player

Bleh

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Just wait for Zokum's map, seriously....the map I'm sure will beyond worth it when it's all said and done  ;D ;D ;D
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
method_man
noob

Post by method_man »

Where I can download HR2??
HeHeHeHeHEHEHEHhhhhEEEhhehehehehehehheehhehhehe
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

http://www.doomworld.com/sda/hr2b.htm
note: there are 3 versions of the pwad... (only 2 versions are used/needed and they're both on the page)
http://www.3ddownloads.com/doomworld/sda/wad/d-h -- grab the 2 hr2 wads on there.
method_man
noob

Post by method_man »

Thanks
HeHeHeHeHEHEHEHhhhhEEEhhehehehehehehheehhehhehe
Eugen
from hell

Post by Eugen »

Check out http://www.doomworld.com/ news and http://www.doomworld.com/hr2/ page. Thanks Andy.
DeDo
noob

Post by DeDo »

Great news!!! :D
Altima
from hell

Whee

Post by Altima »

That's good news to hear....er, read =)