mm09

They are just as good as the originals :)
DeDo
noob

mm09

Post by DeDo »

I'm doing a -fast demo for this map and I have a question. I want to ask if a demo is valid if the end screen shows 93% secrets despite the fact that I have visited every secret in the map. I got this 5 times in a row while recording, during practice I got sometimes 100%, sometimes 93%. I compared my run with the max demo for it, the routes are identical and the max has 100% secrets.
admin
nightmare

Re: mm09

Post by admin »

I don't know the secrets in this map, but if there's a way of getting 100% secrets, then anything less is not acceptable for Max type demos.

My suggestion:
1. Go to Yonatan Donner's homepage and get the DMTHA package, which contains his secret finder util.
2. Run the secret finder on MM09 and write down the secret sector numbers.
3. Open a DOOM editor and search for these sectors. Study them and figure out how to make sure to enter all of them.
DeDo
noob

Post by DeDo »

Thanks Adam.
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

adamh: well, that's not strictly true, is it? what about MAP...uh...is it 27? There seems to be a modifier to the rule, which is that if you can only get 100% secrets through the combination of a bug with luck (wallrun over a teleport linedef), then it's okay not to...
--
adamw