doom2 in 14:41 ?

Anything else!
ZlaYn
noob

doom2 in 14:41 ?

Post by ZlaYn »

i've found a movie on gamershell.com, and the name was doom2 in 1441, a obvious low time for a movie, but could you give me some infomation about this? i can't watch this movie, cause i got an error about my video codec.

is it possible? or just a cheat demo? what is that? ep1 demo?
Speed and Maxkill freak! :)
ZlaYn
noob

PS

Post by ZlaYn »

PS.

it where an .avi file.
Speed and Maxkill freak! :)
Grazza
noob

Re: doom2 in 14:41 ?

Post by Grazza »

It's a tools-assisted (TAS) demo by Andrey Budko - a UV Speed run through the whole of Doom2. It uses slow-motion, saving and automated permanent strafe-50 (even when turning, which is impossible with an unmodified engine). Given the wholly different method of recording, the time cannot be compared at all to those for compet-n runs, which are recorded in real-time, at full speed and in a single segment. The idea of TAS is to show what is theoretically possible, or, if you like, how God would play Doom. It is not an indication of actual playing skill. That is not to say that it is quick or easy to record a good TAS demo though - far from it.

Andrey Budko's Doom page is here. It includes his demos in the standard lmp format.
Last edited by Grazza on 24.12.2005 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
Opulent
player

Re: doom2 in 14:41 ?

Post by Opulent »

VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ is a good tool for watching videos that have non-'standard' codecs.
Personally, I always prefer the game demos... except perhaps with trick-jump movies that have 100 demos on 50 different maps.