PrBoom Demo problem

Anything else!
ZlaYn
noob

PrBoom Demo problem

Post by ZlaYn »

in DooM, Almost on all demos im watching (30uv, 30nm ex.) it goes crazy after between 5-20 minutes :S
So i tried PrBoom, and copied a demo to PrBoom folder (i called it HEN.LMP, cause it was hard to remember the other name.)

I opened PrBoom, -> Features -> Demos, and entered the demo name, then clicked at "OK".
But i just went back to the start views, i didn't see the demo.
And i tried with HEN.LMP and just HEN to the demo's name(ingame)

PS. i use Windows 2K, my command prompt dont work like DOS-Prompt. (if i have need for the Prompt???)

Sorry for the bad english, i suck at it
Last edited by ZlaYn on 13.12.2005 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Speed and Maxkill freak! :)
Grazza
noob

Re: PrBoom Demo problem

Post by Grazza »

Don't try to run demos from in-game - do so from the command line. I'd also recommend Prboom 2.2.6 or especially Prboom-plus (rather than Prboom 2.3.1. which you must be using) if you have an interest in demos.

You can also drag and drop a lmp file onto prboom.exe or glboom.exe. In the case of demos on Doom2.wad, that should work as long as the program finds doom2.wad (e.g. if it is in the same folder).

To run from a command line, you can click on the Start button and click on "Run...". If all the stuff is in c:\\doom2, then the command line would be something like:
c:\\doom2\\glboom -playdemo 30nm2956

You could take a look at these posts too:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread. ... adid=31839

Alternatively, you can watch them using the original DOS exe, Doom2.exe. Then the command line would be, e.g.,
c:\\doom2\\doom2 -playdemo 30nm2956

The "going crazy" you refer to (normally called a desync) is possibly because you're using Doom95, which does not have demo compatibility with Doom2.exe (which these demos were recorded with).
Last edited by Grazza on 14.12.2005 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
ZlaYn
noob

Thanks

Post by ZlaYn »

Thanks, Grazza  ;D
ZlaYn
noob

---

Post by ZlaYn »

:/

i tried:

C:\\Doom2\\Doom95.exe -playdemo demoname
(cause doom2.exe dont exist, i use Doom Collectors Edition)

and i got the error:
Unable to locat  the wad for this game. Please copy your wad file into the same directory where Doom95 resides.

i tried to rename the doom2.wad to Doom95.wad, but i got the same error again!
Last edited by ZlaYn on 15.12.2005 03:47, edited 1 time in total.
Grazza
noob

Re: PrBoom Demo problem

Post by Grazza »

No, doom95 won't work for this, as I explained above.

Yoy can get doom2.exe by downloading the doom shareware (rename doom.exe to doom2.exe - it is identical) - for details and links, look here. Note that there is nothing illegal in this - you're just downloading a file made freely available by idsoftware.
Last edited by Grazza on 15.12.2005 17:41, edited 1 time in total.