My retirement

Anything else!
xitvono
from hell

My retirement

Post by xitvono »

I just bought a new computer, and since it's a winxp machine this is a good time for me to make my farewell to the doom community.  See you later!
Vile
player

Re: My retirement

Post by Vile »

Best of luck to you in the future.
Last edited by Vile on 23.07.2003 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

:'(
sad to see you go.... certainly one of the best players... definitely the most active recently.Hope your new computer is nice!  :)
btw, it isn't so painful to either a) have an old machine lying around, or b) dual boot with win98se; winXP can be loaded on fat32 IIRC, that means both OSs could see your entire filesystem....
Good luck with everything you try in life!
DevastatioN
noob

Post by DevastatioN »

Sorry to see u go man, gl in where ever u go with life, u should dual boot Win98 on that thing, or at least get rid of XP before it blows your computer up and stuff.

Maybe even play some DM's with it on Win98 :)
For my Dreams I hold my ~Life~
For Wishes... I behold my ~Night~
Andy Johnsen
from hell

Post by Andy Johnsen »

yessssssss..............

:D
BahdKo (Guest)
from hell

Post by BahdKo (Guest) »

The
Op.
from hell

Post by Op. »

It could be him at work or something.... but I must say that the tone of the message is not very "Xit Vono"esque.
Considering his ubiquitousness at the Compet-N, and his dedication in the face of a lot of disdain, I don't think we've seen the last of him.  We'll see...
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

It can be, he just uses whatever name he wants.

http://www.doom2.net/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi?b ... 1039797819

He switches between xit-vono and xit_vono there.
BahdKo (Guest)
from hell

Post by BahdKo (Guest) »

I guess if that's the real xit vono, he could clarify the confusion by replying with his registered login. *shrug*. or someone could email him and point the thread out, and see what he says.
Andy
from hell

Post by Andy »

If this is a joke its a cruel one. I had my party hat on and everything.    >:(
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

It's the same IP, people.
Waldon
noob

Post by Waldon »

So I return from Illinois and, naturally, the useless place you call our world doesn't cease to piss me off. Last time the monkeys broke my laptop and CDs at the airport. This time, they take aim at my blood pressure directly.

Let me cut into the middle of this: why are people who speak little to no English allowed to work? Is that a right? How can someone who doesn't have the basic clue about the area's layout get a permit to drive a cab? How can he make the passenger look around for the damned route on a map? Does that mean that I'm going to get a cut of the fare too? What about my right to a decent service for the inflated price I have to pay?

Let me finish this small rant with an advice: if you aren't capable of doing something as simple and necessary as learning the routes and streets your job requires -- which, not to mention, is the most important requirement for it -- then perhaps sitting at your great grandfather's farm and harvesting potatoes just might be what God has planned for you to do.
xitvono
from hell

Post by xitvono »

well it seems my dad has a spare copy of win98 so you may not have seen the last of me in compet-n but right now I'm gonna do other things so we'll see.
Andy
from hell

Post by Andy »

::)
ranXaintdeadyeteither
from hell

Post by ranXaintdeadyeteither »

hi,

I recall someone did post thougths and/or and article about mitchells pacman feat (IIRC), Im pretty sure it was on this board, but I cant find it anymore (the search engine is not very helpful either), so if someone can hook me up with a link, that be me much appreciated

ps. vile, what are you playin' at the mo' ?
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

ranXmellow
from hell

Post by ranXmellow »

hey doug, thx a lot!

the thing that triggered my interest was the recent Hi-score article in the UK gamemag EDGE (if you want scans just say).

well, it's saturday morning, I'm tired and I dont know what else to say. I guess you are familiar with the jap site arika, some DDP-DOJ replays there are pretty impressive (yeah, I'm into 2D-shooters). here's some more shite done by  otherworldly japanese players (it's pretty weird stuff, so watch them at your own risk)

http://www.roushimsx.com/shack/13659Bea ... nk_AAA.mpg

http://www.roushimsx.com/shack/Keyboard ... 20sec.mpeg

I like doom better ;)

over n' out!
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

I downloaded a bunch of those things awhile back, but I don't own the ROMs, so I'm kind of sol.
I think playback (or live :)) demos showing the best players at any game is worth seeing.
that second url is broken... the first was wild -- those Japanese have the weirdest games. :)
DataSnake_RD
noob

Post by DataSnake_RD »

A note to Vono
Last edited by DataSnake_RD on 04.11.2003 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
DataSnake|RD
AltimaMantoid
player

Speaking of game movies

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Ranx, speaking of Beatmania and Keyboardmania and such, you should look at this page: http://www.aaroninjapan.com/ddrvideos.htmlThe movies on that page are incredible...while not the greatest quality (most of them anyway), it's quite impressive to see Godlyness in another video game ;)

..and yes, if I can somehow manage it, I'll make videos of ME playing someday =P
"The Man with the Golden BFG"