Mice

Anything else!
Opulent
player

Mice

Post by Opulent »

Argh!  I can't stand my damn mouse any longer.  The cord pisses me off, the buttons suck.. if you throw the mouse your player doesn't move at all.  I was happy with Microsoft Intellimouse until they ruined it... now you can't get the old ones.  grr...   There's got to be something better than this.
What mouse do you use... and are you happy with it?  
Vile
player

Re: Mice

Post by Vile »

I use a logitech wingman... nice lightweight mouse, but once this thing wears down, I'll have to go for a new kind since the wingman was discontinued a few years ago.  They're probably pretty hard to come by, but I haven't really checked on that.

If I had to choose a new mouse, I would have tried one of those new microsoft optical mice... I hear good things about them since the tracking doesn't suck ass like it used to.  8)
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

the new MS optical mice are USB only though, right?  no DOS support. :(
I could be wrong.. maybe some are ps/2... or use an adapter with default drivers.
wingman huh..  /me checks button configuration...
Vile
player

Post by Vile »

Guess I should look into that before I think about investing... it suited the quake players just fine, at least.
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

Logitech gives an USB-to-PS2 adapter with their USB mice, dunno about MS :)

I use a Logitech MouseMan Optical, the first series. There has been the Dual Optical and the MX series since which offer better optical tracking.

I suggest you definitely check out the shape, grip and buttons of the mouse before buying.
Waldon
noob

Post by Waldon »

I used to have a Logitech Wingman, after that mouse gave up, switched to a Dual Optical. Both are great mice, the Wingman is a traditionally liked gaming mouse, although hard to come by nowadays.

Bahd bought herself a Logitech MX 500; the mouse looks alright, though I don't like mice that have you hold your hand on them instead of holding the mouse in your hand, but that's personal preference. Otherwise it feels very ergonomic. I didn't try any games with it so I cannot comment on the sensor.

One piece of advice -- don't buy cordless mice.
magikal
noob

Post by magikal »

I have one of these. The on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment is very useful and its' accuracy is great, especially for Railgunning in Q3a
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

I dunno if it's still available, but when the MS opticals first came out you could get an optical mouse in the old-style Intellimouse casing (called Intellimouse With Intellieye or something similar), might be interesting if you like the old-style casing. My first-gen Intellimouse Optical has a USB cord but comes with a neat green USB/PS-2 convertor if you need to use a PS/2 port - I actually have a few of these spare, so if the new Intellimice don't come with them and someone needs one, I'll happily dig one out and send it over... (USB-PS/2 conversion isn't simple, so the convertors only work for Microsoft mice, I think.)
--
adamw