index.html

Anything else!
AltimaMantoid
player

index.html

Post by AltimaMantoid »

While going to check out the Incoming page on COMPET-N, index.html was up there. What is that supposed to mean? I can clearly see that it's a list of all the demos on the FTP server, but why is it there in Incoming?
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
xit-vono
player

Re: index.html

Post by xit-vono »

I have no idea what that means.  Maybe it means an update is coming soon?
AltimaMantoid
player

Hoping

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I hope so, and if that is the case, then I barely got my 3rd demo in there in time!
AltimaMantoid
player

Hmm...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

It's gone now. Index.html is gone from the COMPET-N Incoming webpage. That's weird...
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

It was a bug with the mirrorer script which is now fixed.

The update is coming when the contest wad is done, and not before (read: contest IS going to be in this update). Don't worry though, I'm working on it as much as I can... hopefully done sometime within the Christmas holidays (may be 23rd, may be 27th, I can't tell precisely).

PS. If you've been wondering why I haven't updated before, that is because till my exam on this Thursday, I was helluva busy with my studies and had no time for the contest whatsoever.
AltimaMantoid
player

What is with the FTP!?

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I put es31-241 in and it hasn't uploaded to the page. Then I refreshed it and es31-156 was up, and it's already on the mirror site, and mine wasn't. I uploaded mine to the FTP first too! What's up with that!!? Does this mean that mine is null and void!? I hope not, I didn't waste 4 hours trying to do es31-241 for nothing...
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

the mirror doesn't always work properly.  Sometimes it will never display a demo, and sometimes it takes a long time to display it.  If your demo is still in the ftp then I wouldn't worry about it.  If it gets erased Adam H will probably give you an e-mail telling you why it was erased, but in the case of a ns run it is very unlikely it would not be valid.
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

Exactly what xit says.

BTW, there's a line on the incoming page:
"So if you don't find a demo here, go to the FTP."

FTP and mirror should contain the same at all times, if something gets rejected it's deleted from both.
AltimaMantoid
player

Aah...it's amazing what one can learn

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Sorry, I was just a tad bit panicky was all, due to Catalaa's 156 run coming in right after mine, and being uploaded to the FTP mirror site first. I just didn't know if that one made my 241 null and void. It's just good to know I'm getting credit for it....now time to go back to working on pp31
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

Hey Mantoid - if you need any more motivation...i'm working on pp31 now ;). I made it to the chaingunners a couple of times without bothering to distract the cybies...but now I do distract them, mainly just so's I have something to do :). Best effort so far - died on top of the yellow key. arggghhh...
--
adamw
AltimaMantoid
player

Ack!

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Don't you dare Mr. Williamson, that's mine! Mine mine mine!!  ;D