I seriously hate my computer now

Anything else!
AltimaMantoid
player

I seriously hate my computer now

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I was working on pp31. I had all 4 Cybies out, and the 4th one killed the Chaingunners off for me. The Mancubi and the Barons were dead. The Hell Knights were still kicking, fortunately enough for me. Everything is going perfect, even while I happened to get a phone call while trying to confuse the first Cybie. Everything was running perfectly....until....

...MY COMP STOPPED RECORDING ON IT'S OWN WILL!!!!

I can't believe this! Of all the damn luck, it had to happen on a run I was actually gonna do it on!! I hate my comp, I hate my comp, I hate my comp!!!!

If anyone wants to see it, I'll try to send it through e-mail or something. I was gonna pull it off, that's what burns me up....
Last edited by AltimaMantoid on 19.12.2001 01:41, edited 1 time in total.
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
AdamW
player

Re: I seriously hate my computer now

Post by AdamW »

lemme guess...you'd been going for about, oh, 15 minutes...right?

i think you need to learn about a little command line parameter called -maxdemo. :)

you see, by default Doom will only record a max. 128k demo, which is about 10-15 mins of your average single player run, then it just dumps you out to command prompt. If you're playing a long run, add -maxdemo 1024 to the command line. This makes the max demo size 1 megabyte and gives you 10 times as long to make your demo.
--
adamw
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

Man, that sucks.
If it is because you forgot the maxdemo parameter, I think all of us have done that once or twice.  :)
Who's hit 'q' accidentally?  Yes, that's us.   ::)

I love that map though, good luck on your run; sounds like your close enough to manage a complete run very soon!
AltimaMantoid
player

Nooooooooooooo...........*grows faint*

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Well, NOW I know about this parameter -_-'

Yeah, I could manage a complete run, BUT, my problem is making STUPID mistakes, like running into rockets or getting caught between a door and a Cybie >.<

I think can do this one, I just need time and patience for it. It can really get on your nerves after a while, especially when you hear a very loud sound that the Knight makes when he dies, signalling that all 6 of them died at the same time   O.o
Because right there, you're screwed!

Hitting "q" on accident!? Let me guess, you were going to switch to Fists/Chainsaw and hit the "q" key I presume?
Opulent_
from hell

Post by Opulent_ »

actually, my cfg is close to the q key, and I use that key a lot for scripted stuff in q2 and q3 -- so hitting it is not so hard.
the real danger is that damn Win95-key for me actually. (like you care...  =)
AltimaMantoid
player

Win95 key

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Is that the button that has the Windows symbol on it or something?

That thing is an SOB if you hit it, it just locks up everything and you stand there like a dummy and die. Unable to move  -_-'
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

heh I hit q once when I was doing my ty29 attempt.  I wanted to switch to fist quickly to fight off the cyberdemon, but missed and hit q instead.  I probably would have made it if I didn't screw that up.
AltimaMantoid
player

Ouch...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

That sucks, that's about all I can say. I'd say you could probably get it a lot faster than the previous record if you tried it again
xit-vono
player

Post by xit-vono »

yeah, I'm sure I could get much faster than Demonlord.  I would almost certainly get under 30 minutes.  The problem is I keep dying with all those cacodemons around.