Historic

Anything else!
Jonathan
noob

Historic

Post by Jonathan »

I emaied Adam H about this, then I figured you forum types might want to see this too.
Last edited by Jonathan on 11.12.2001 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan
noob

Re: Historic

Post by Jonathan »

Knowing what a usenet monkey old Adam W was back in the day I also had a look for his old posts, the oldest one I could find was this:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=autho ... k&filter=0

Was that your first post Adam, or have the rest been lost in the mists of time?
Waldon
noob

Post by Waldon »

Nice stuff  :)
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

Probably not, John - if memory serves the first group I posted in was alt.tv.red-dwarf, so have a look there. Also there was the old generic 'action games' newsgroup, which unfortunately seems no longer to exist and I can't remember the name. I do remember my first post, me being an innocent neophyte and not understanding the idea of the sig, was about two lines and featured a two-page .sig which was a manually entered paraphrase from the Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy...so if you find that, it's my first. :).

I had a play with this a while ago, since it covered back to 1995 anyway...suggestions of things to look for: the Merlock / Xoleras flamewar, the great SPISPOPD threads, posts by Blue (Stephen Heaslip, that is)...it's a blast.
--
adamw
Jonathan
noob

Post by Jonathan »

Heh, well if we're going to find your old posts we'd need to know what your alias was, did you use any isp before demon?  *hic* Sorry, I'm drunk!
AdamW
player

Post by AdamW »

Demon was the first real ISP I used, but I was on Compuserve for quite a while before that - don't see how I could have accessed Usenet from it in those days, though. My earliest Usenet posts should be from Demon...hmm. (You can find one from 10 November searching in alt.tv.red-dwarf, but i'm fairly sure that's still not my first). Maybe the archive is missing some stuff.
--
adamw