Requiem help

They are just as good as the originals :)
AltimaMantoid
player

Requiem help

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Okay guys, I really need your help, those of you that are experts with computers or whatnot.

Anyway, I've a few problems with Requiem that I would really love to have help with. Two demos in particular.

Rq21-810. Yes, I do have the fix for the map, and yes, I do add it to the command line on the DOS-Prompt...but the demo still desyncs as soon as he teleports into the skull-lair-room. So is there anything I can do to fix this problem so that I can watch this demo correctly?

Rq23-722. Is it just me or...does this demo freeze my computer? I watch it and it gets to the part where all the Lost Souls come out. Then it freezes the entire everything. I can't do anything but restart the computer by pressing the reset button on the front of the PC itself.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated ^_^

- Casey
"The Man with the Golden BFG"
admin
nightmare

Re: Requiem help

Post by admin »

rq21-810: the fix wad was re-BSP'd later and hence the desync. You need to play it with r21.wad in rquvdmo2.zip (available on 3darchives.in-span.net and mirrors)
rq23-722: no problems here.
AltimaMantoid
player

Rq23-722.lmp

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Does ANYONE know how I can fix that fuckin' freeze????

As a lot of you know, max is my favorite category to watch (I have all current max-records d/l except for MM2 and Classic Episode which I'll get to soon) and I would really love to watch rq23-722 all the way through without a comp-crash -_-'

Hegyi: Could you send me a link to the new fix since the one that the C-N provides (I'm referring to the fix) is kinda not gonna work?
Opulent
player

Post by Opulent »

ftp://competn.doom2.net:8002/pub/compet ... q21fix.zip is the only fix, AFAIK. it is just a reject fixed version of the map.
rq23-722 playsback fine for me too.  try PrBoom, my friend...
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgame ... uvlmp2.zip is the 2nd Requiem demoset, it provides a fix for MAP21 which works with rq21-810, however doesn't fix the map completely as some monsters don't teleport (still, it is the WAD to be needed with rq21-810). COMPET-N's fix WAD (which Opulent linked) remedies this problem and should be used whenever you submit demos for rq21.
Last edited by admin on 16.06.2002 11:31, edited 1 time in total.
AltimaMantoid
player

o.O

Post by AltimaMantoid »

I unzipped the link you sent me Adam, but I didn't see a r21.wad when I unzipped it....so what gives? @.@'
admin
nightmare

Post by admin »

Sent it to your email addy.
AltimaMantoid
player

Thanks

Post by AltimaMantoid »

Thanks Adam, I really appreciate it.

Now....to figure out why rq23-722 freezes my comp.... *scratches his head and tries to figure it out*
The_Fish
noob

Post by The_Fish »

for crying out loud no wonder he has demos desyching. He's trying to run them with version 1.7!!!!!!!!!!  :-X

sheeesh
AltimaMantoid
player

Oiy...

Post by AltimaMantoid »

You know Fish, it's not really my fault that I'm computer illiterate...I thought I had 1.9 in after I used the patch, but because the fuckin' patch didn't work, which I thought it did, I was stuck on 1.7...

And also, I said it once. I've not had a demo desync yet, until I tried to watch rq23-722, in which it crashed my computer. The other demo I was talking about plays fine now that I have the proper WADs for it.