Ghost from the past

COMPET-N chit chat
Baum
noob

Ghost from the past

Post by Baum »

Hi to the community,

I just wanted to drop by and say I'm glad to see you're still keeping Doom speed-running alive! Most people here probably won't remember me. I used to be an active player until 1999 and I'm a friend of Thomas "PanterD2S" Pilger. Thomas and I spent thousands of hours playing Doom 2 altdeath-matches.

He also introduced me to compet-n. I'm very embarrassed about what I wrote in my player form, back then. Well, I was just a kid, please forgive me :). No particularly impressive demos have been recorded by me (especially from nowadays perspective). I tried my hand on nightmare movies and my best one was a 19nm3211. With the normal doom2.exe (v1.9), that is - no fancy cndoom or anything like that :). Back then, Thomas' 30nm4949 was the only officially accepted full nightmare movie, if I remember correctly.

Well, those were the days! I don't plan on going back to dooming though, for I actually have a life, now ;). But I'm happy they're still active players around, keeping the community alive. Keep them coming!
fx
nightmare

Re: Ghost from the past

Post by fx »

Hi Baum, it's good to see you are doing fine!
"old days" are the reason why I decided to run this site, I just hate to see abandoned pages of games or communities I once was part of. We all have life now, wife, kids, jobs, but I still love to waste some time with Doom, can't get rid of it so easily. Anyway say hi to PanterD2S from Sedlo and fx if you are in any kind of contact with him ;)