Yes, you are right, soon we will accept demos recorded with Chocolate, PrBoom+ and TAS as long as they are 100% compatible with Vanilla Doom. Demos will be added to same database as COMPET-N and they will not be awarded with any points, they will be listed only when you click on map to list all demos on one map. Example: Memento Mori, Max, MAP03
If this will not satisfy PrBoom+ players, nothing will.
- submit ONLY Vanilla compatible demos
- players will need to register on forum to submit demos, adjust settings, etc...
- I will NOT check those demos at all, if someone reports anything I'll remove/edit and that's all
- demos will not appear in Incoming at all, but email notification will be sent for each new demo in database
- so, yes you can submit demos and they will appear immediately in database, no matter how old or slow, as long as someone else does not submit your time
- there is possibility to add highscore for all non Vanilla demos but first things first
ps. this is still under heavy work but I'm expecting it will be ready soon, upload works so only some database changes to show game client will be needed
update: database is ready now, but feel free to report errors, I've uploaded one PrBoom MM MAP03 max demo from Vladimir Monakhov and Doom 2 Nightmare MAP21 from hokis
Only thing that bugs me is demo location, right now it is
If you have better suggestion feel free to say now before it's too late.