COMPET-N/COOP/CNDOOM update

COMPET-N news
fx
nightmare

COMPET-N/COOP/CNDOOM update

Post by fx »

Twenty COMPET-N, four COOP and one CNDOOM demo in last few months (some are just late uploads - Slade's) is not bad but still a significant drop from last year. Yeah that CNDOOM demo from me was just a test if upload works fine as I suck at speed demos :)

There are some major improvements on database so all uploaded demos are immediately available and stats are updated after upload. Hi-score table is still not available but should be later this week. Ok, nice demo pack, hoping for even more in the future:

Ultimate Doom
Respawn
4shockblast improved E1M5 for three seconds in r1m5-236.zip, but Slade decided to improve it more in r1m5-220.zip for 16 seconds. Of course 4shockblast didnt just sit and watch so he striked back with r1m5-215.zip improving Slade's for five more. Now it's Slade's turn!

Fast
One good fast record on E2M9 improving really old AdamH record for four seconds by Tatsurd-cacocaco in f2m9-048.zip, that should be close to/optimal as max is 0:49.

Cooperative
JC and Ch0wW recorded few demos for us, E1M1 tyson in c1t1-027.zip, E2M9 in c2s9-007.zip speed and E3M6s in c3s6s006.zip shaving Vincent and Dupre for one second in both records, huh!
JC also teamed with PenumbraSix and recorded E4M6 max in c4m6-230.zip.

DOOM II
Max
It's aways good to see Doom 2 records as they are sooo rare, true gems in COMPET-N. Looper made awesome improvement on MAP09 in lv09-413.zip, beating Radeg's old record for 51 seconds, almost one minute, so there seems to be even more space for improvement, right? :)

TNT
Plutonia is a bit more active, still has many gaps to fill I guess.
Max
vdgg improved his own MAP17 record for 13 seconds in ev17-255.zip.

Plutonia
Speed
4shockblast optimized kunkuns MAP09 in pl09-049.zip and save some eight seconds. Well done!

Pacifist
More 4shockblast improvements for MAP02 for one second in pp08-018.zip, and MAP15 pp15-023.zip for four seconds.

Tyson
vdgg with his famous tyson style on MAP02 in pt021141.zip beating Xit's record for some 7 minutes, huh, a long one :)

Fast
JC improved MAP30 beating really OLD record from Yonatan in pf30-047.zip for 28 seconds. Good job!

Alien Vendetta
Speed
4shockblast improved MAP03 for five second in av03-022.zip.

Cooperative
JC and PenumbraSix recorded initial MAP20 speed in ac20-327.zip.

Hell Reveled
Max
Slade improved MAP01 beating Tatsurd-cacocaco for two seconds in hr01-116.zip, while 4shockblast improved Radek's MAP04 for three seconds in hr04-121.zip.

Tyson
Slade again beating Tatsurd-cacocaco on MAP01 in ht01-148.zip for 11 seconds.

Memento Mori
Max
More Slade's stuff! On MAP01 he was three seconds faster than AdamH in mm01-058.zip.

NM100s
Slade also did MAP06, running almost twice faster than old record from Xit in mm06s255.zip.

Requiem
Max
Tatsurd-cacocaco improved old vdgg's record for 19 seconds in rq11-223.zip.

NM100s
Previously undone MAP11 is also from Tatsurd, see it in rs11-204.zip.

All demos packed in one zip available here: 20140826.zip

ps. incoming will always show all demos uploaded in last two months, so this update will not remove them, but with time they will eventually disappear ;)
4shockblast
noob

Re: COMPET-N/COOP/CNDOOM update

Post by 4shockblast »

Both my Plutonia Pacifists are also faster than the UV-Speeds, but the UV-Speeds weren't updated in the database. I wasn't sure how the specify that my demos were for both UV-Speed and Pacifist when uploading.
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Uhm, sorry for missing that fact. I'll add those demos to speed. When I was approving demos I did had it in mind but completely forgot :) The thing is that you have to upload such demos TWICE. Once as pacifist, then as speed or however you prefer to upload it. Thank you for reporting it, will be fixed asap.

ps. also forgot to say about new nomonsters section in database, of my....:
http://doom.com.hr/index.php?page=compe ... category=9
Archy
beliver

Post by Archy »

fx wrote:The thing is that you have to upload such demos TWICE. Once as pacifist, then as speed or however you prefer to upload it. Thank you for reporting it, will be fixed asap.
I've been wondering about this too. You may want to add that to the FAQ.

Edit: You may want to add this to the FAQ too:
Now that I use Linux, I see how important that is!
fx
nightmare

Post by fx »

Casing is not a rule, it's a option as things will work better on this site after demo is uploaded. Tho I think I've made changes to script so whatever you upload it will be converted to lowercase, but I'm not 100% sure... didn't touch the code for months so I think I fixed it... heh
btw. will add to faq that notice to upload twice, forgot about that