GL-Boom-Plus LMP lag?

Classic/Vanilla Doom, Chocolate Doom, ZDaemon, Odamex, Skulltag, prBoom, etc.
RegurgitatedCacoGibs
noob

GL-Boom-Plus LMP lag?

Post by RegurgitatedCacoGibs »

Hey, everybody! I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this question in, but I've been having a hard time loading demos in GL-Boom. Well, loading them isn't a problem, technically, but for some reason whenever I load an LMP file, the player movements are totally off (shooting at the wall, suicide frags with the rocket launcher, and moving in circles).

Could this be a bug in the source port? Or am I not configuring something right when loading LMPs. I loaded them in ZDoom and they worked just fine. :duck: Recording LMPs isn't an issue, but playing them back in GLBoom sure is.
IDDQD is for pussies! :p
ZeroMaster010
noob

Re: GL-Boom-Plus LMP lag?

Post by ZeroMaster010 »

Some demos only work in certain sourceports, since you mentioned recording is fine and playing them in zdoom is fine I assume you are recording the demos in zdoom but trying to play them back by using glboom?

As far as I know that won't work, the problem is called a desync. If you record a demo in a sourceport that does not alter the game (vanilla (dosbox), cndoom, chocolate doom, prboom) then the demo should work in those sourceports. Afaik zdoom plays a bit differently from other ports, but I've never used it myself so I am not certain, but in that case the demo will desync in other sourceports.

If you are trying to play demos from competn then any of the mentioned sourceports above should work, or maybe from the DSDA webpage in which case the source port which it was recorded in should be listed.

So if you are trying to playback a demo recorded in zdoom\gzdoom then you should use that sourceport for playback as well. Then again I am not an expert, and you could also try asking over at doomworld, though account registration might take a while there :)
4shockblast
noob

Post by 4shockblast »

Indeed, ZDoom demos can only be played back in ZDoom. Moreover, cross-compatibility between different ZDoom/GZDoom versions pretty much doesn't exist, and demos recorded with one version of ZDoom may not be possible to play back with a different version. Compet-N lmps and any lmps recorded in vanilla/Boom compatible ports also won't play back with ZDoom-based ports.
RegurgitatedCacoGibs
noob

Post by RegurgitatedCacoGibs »

ZeroMaster010: I figured that, too. I used to record LMPs in ZDoom, so playing back LMPs recorded in ZDoom may be the case. Actually, GLBoom doesn't even play demos recorded in Vanilla. The same lag occurred when I was trying to watch BahdKo's matches with Toke; however, I haven't played the LMPs in ZDoom yet.

Haha, yeah, I registered to Doomworld in September and I'm still waiting for my confirmation. -_-

4shockblast: Yeah, I'm running DOOM on ZDoom (2.4.1) still. I'm using GLBoom for recording deathmatches, and watching Compet-N LMPs. I thought it might've been a bug in GLBoom at first—dumb me, lol.
IDDQD is for pussies! :p