Competition Doom v2.0.2.1

COMPET-N news

Competition Doom v2.0.2.1

Postby fx » 12.09.2013 19:26

With help of xttl, fraggle and Kilgore I've managed to finally release Competition Doom v2.0.2.

Head over to wiki site covering source and downloads and some info (really slow most of the time!).

Report bugs here: http://www.doom.com.hr/cndoom/bug/

Before uploading demos, you can test them so I suggest you to try to record sample demo and upload it first here.
then if everything is OK upload demo as every other demo here.

But please read carefully rules and obey them otherwise your demo will not be accepted.

Ok, if you are ready to play, you can directly download it from here:
Competition Doom v2.0.2.1 for Windows
Competition Doom v2.0.2.1 for Linux (not sure if this will work, you should compile your own...)
Competition Doom v2.0.2 source (so you can hack it and have fun of me)

ps. Incoming will also feature Competition Doom demos, but will be automatically reset every month. Tables/database is not visible yet, have some troubles with it but I'll crack it soon.

pps. incoming is working and will automatically show you demos for last 30 days. Also I've split notification system to COMPET-N, CNDOOM, ports and contests, so if you want to receive only CNDOOM notifications go there and adjust to your needs.

Have fun!
fx
nightmare

Re: Competition Doom v2.0.2

Postby Sedlo » 12.09.2013 20:25

Finally, I'm quite happy with this release, 3 demos already in incoming by me for everyone to watch. I sure hope great deal of doom community will support this new client and whole general idea about it and join the fight. I know there will be great deal of players who will whine how they like prboom or some other client more, or how there is only one c-n and stuff, but lets forget about it now and start from scratch, with c-n as it always supposed to look alike and with one client made specially for this thing and which feel a bit safer and smoother for this type of play. Man up, gear up and show me what U're made of!!! :P Lets fill this empty tables fast.
Sedlo
map01 n00b

Re: Competition Doom v2.0.2

Postby fx » 12.09.2013 22:08

ye ye :P Database with some minor errors available: http://www.doom.com.hr/index.php?page=c ... se&cndb=10
fx
nightmare

Re: Competition Doom v2.0.2.1

Postby fx » 15.09.2013 16:45

One quick fix has been pushed, if player was recording demo and would perform normal quit (via. menu) demo would not be saved, updated version in first post. Just replace cndoom.exe with new one. Sorry for any inconvenience!
fx
nightmare

Return to News