COMPET-N news
fx
nightmare

Sprint(g)time!

Post by fx »

Fourteen demos arrived so let's see what's new:

Ultimate Doom
Fast
Archy improved old Radek's E4M8 fast record for three seconds in f4m8-241.zip.

Max
It's always good to try all records on one map so Archy once again improved another Radek's demo for one in u4m8-219.zip.

Doom 2
Respawn
Archy decided to change it :) so he took a MAP03 respawn record of mine, well it was only 13 years old record so he recorded re03-117.zip. Really nice job, but I'll try to take it back asap. It's always good to see there are space for improvement in Doom 2 records.

Plutonia
Max
14 demos on MAP11 and 9 of them belong to Archy so he improved his own record twice, once in pl11-233.zip and then did pl11-231.zip. It's a good demo, five seconds improvement after all. Shame it's a bit shaky for my opinion! Maybe you could try to lower mouse sensitivity a bit?

Respawn
Altima also has a "back to the future" demo beating himself to death for 42 seconds on MAP03 pr03-307.zip!
While I was finishing this news post I took another look into incoming and boy I was surprised to see one more demo! Archy sent another gem, MAP18 demo, 36 seconds faster than Revved's old record, grab pr18-148.zip now!

TNT
Nightmare 100% secrets
It's Altima's fault that he recorded MAP22 demo es22-134.zip, six seconds faster than Xit's old 2005 demo and raged about map level design, bugs and whatever so I had to do something about it...

Respawn
After reading Altima's txt I was really provoked and decided to give that lousy respawn a try and after second exit I've improved old Altima's MAP22 for 1:32 in er22-438.zip. Soooo, now I'm waiting... :)

Alien Vendetta
Respawn
More Archydemos, now it's a MAP05 respawn demo two seconds faster than old Jakub's one. Grab your copy of ar05-212.zip! Seems respawn is "IN" this year?!

Memento Mori
Max
Couple of quality Max demos from vdgg came. One is awesome MAP29 improved for 1:10 over Anthony's old record in mm291200.zip. Tricky map to play.

Memento Mori 2
Max
vdgg improved two more demos MAP16 14 seconds faster than Jim in m216-456.zip, and MAP17 28 seconds faster than Eugene in m217-709.zip.

Requiem
Max
Last one from vdgg is rq11-242.zip improving his own record for ten seconds, seems like he's off tyson duty now. :)

phew! Two months later and fourteen demos, it could not be better. As you can notice, site was changed visually and it's all about speeding it up. Use your forum login on the first page and then you can adjust site settings per computer like font size, language, forum feed, gallery, theme and more to come. Hope you like it, well, at least COMPET-N database is now turbo! :)

Read the updated rules since I've added respawn, fast, tyson and pacifist movies. Also, remember that they are still not counted in database, but in few days everything will be in order. I don't know who would be so crazy enough to record tyson episode or complete movie run, but who knows, never say never, just like 30nm is a standard today.

One more thing. If you are using mobile phone feel free to test it, no menus for now but look really good at least on my Android device.

Have fun!
Zvonimir
Archy
beliver

Re: Sprint(g)time!

Post by Archy »

fx wrote:14 demos on MAP11 and 9 of them belong to Archy so he improved his own record twice, once in pl11-233.zip and then did pl11-231.zip. It's a good demo, five seconds improvement after all. Shame it's a bit shaky for my opinion! Maybe you could try to lower mouse sensitivity a bit?
If you want to see shaky, watch my competitor's demo. It looks fucking TASed!
fx wrote:Grab your copy of ar05-212.zip [today]!
You make it sound like a good thing, AR05-212 is bloody awful. Worst demo I've ever submitted to C-N. Lolz.
fx
nightmare

Re: Sprint(g)time!

Post by fx »

Well, it's not "soooo good", but on the other hand it's the fastest we have, so it's good enough :)